Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Bethrothed by Peri Berger...Read it? Like it?

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 10:23 am
Did you read Bethrothed by Peri Berger, and if so, did you like it?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 10:43 am
Have you read her other books? She tells a page turning story full of dysfunction with some plot movement that keeps you reading, sometimes between shuttered fingers.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 11:01 am
I gather you do not recommend the book very highly? OK I will look into other books...

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 11:19 am
amother wrote:
I gather you do not recommend the book very highly? OK I will look into other books...

I didn't say that. Did I? Tongue Out
Seriously, I don't buy a lot of novels but I will read them (and pay dues at the Jewish libraries that have them). I don't know if you're deciding what to buy or what to read. I also don't know what you enjoy. If this is your style, I.e. if you've read her other books, or books of the same genre, go right ahead.
By the shuttered fingers I mean I get this feeling of, "I can't believe they did that, I can't witness this train wreck," to the soundtrack of dd saying, "Mommy, it's just a book. It didn't happen and you don't have to read it." But of course I do Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room