Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Now what

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 7:36 pm
We recently moved to a neighborhood to be closer to my husband's family. Normally that would be great but I literally have nothing to do with them (believe me I've tried) and I don't have any friends here. I've tried to make friends but I'm very different than the majority of the people who live in the neighborhood. The neighbors are rarely out now that it's the summer and I have no idea where or how to make friends here. I'm not the type to go to a women's shuir and my kids are past the Mommy and Me stage (kindergarten and up). I'm extremely bored and I don't work (the kids have different schedules and we're still getting settled) and women seem to keep to themselves or work. I'm much more modern than the people here so that probably attributes to the issue as well as I don't have a similar background to anyone else here. Anyone have any advice? Sad

sofaraway

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 7:45 pm
I think it's harder to connect in the summer because people are away a lot. Once school starts, you will be meeting parents at pick up and drop off, that will already help. Be friendly and open minded!
Good luck Smile

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 8:14 pm
I agree with above poster- how old are your kids?
I just wanted to say that I feel for you cuz I'm in the exact same situation its uncanny!
Good luck and hugs

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 8:15 pm
Linen, where do you live??

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 8:19 pm
Its a small place so I'm scared to out myself- where do you live?

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 8:20 pm
I totally hear you- I live in a pretty big place so it's easy to get lost in the community.

saw50st8

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 8:32 am
Are there any chesed organizations in your area? Volunteer to meet some nice people.

Also, does your shul have youth groups? Have your kid met any kids they like? if so, invite those families over for shabbos lunch or a sunday BBQ or something. It's hard making new friends in new places. Summer is exceptionally hard though.

justmarried:)

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 10:23 am
Getting a job will help a lot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating