Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Marine park, brooklyn

amother
Puce

Post Tue, May 10 2016, 8:22 pm
My kids are in chaim berlin and bnos yisroel. Which blocks are considered the yeshivish ones where my kids would have friends. On zillow I saw plenty of houses for under 600 in the general marine park area. They were all pretty small like 1600 sqft or under. What is the housing in the yeshivish area like in terms of price and sqft.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, May 19 2016, 11:09 pm
Bump. Another Chaim Berlin / Bnos Yisroel parent here. Anyone out there with kids in Chaim Berlin, BYA, Bnos Yisroel with input on blocks in Marine Park ? Also, anyone know if more families from these schools are considering marine park?

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, May 20 2016, 8:16 am
You have some very frum families on ryder street. marine park is a mix. I know 2 families that send to bya. Supposedly there is a whole bus stop a block over, so there is more. There are definitely many wonderful frum families interspersed all over.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, May 20 2016, 9:52 am
amother wrote:
Bump. Another Chaim Berlin / Bnos Yisroel parent here. Anyone out there with kids in Chaim Berlin, BYA, Bnos Yisroel with input on blocks in Marine Park ? Also, anyone know if more families from these schools are considering marine park?

33 between p and kingshighway and the surrounding area... my son is in chaiim berlin and that is his bus stop and it has a lot of kids.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 7:28 am
What about the blocks closer to the park? 30's near R and S?

solo

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 1:36 pm
Most blocks are a mix. I know 3 families that send to Chaim Berlin. All on dif blocks near the park. I live a block from the park and send to Ytv. One neighbor sends to Chaim Berlin, another to kamintez... No one else on our block sends to Ytv, but my son has classmates around the corner, on the next block, on the Ave...

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 10:23 pm
How far on ryder are there yeshivish families? Are there any as far in as avenue R/fillmore/S?

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 9:12 am
Bumping for morning crowd...

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 9:17 pm
Anyone?

2cents

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 10:09 pm
I live close to the area you a referring to. There are no frum families around me at all, but there is a kosher grocery store and a few shuls that are close enough by our house. The schools my kids go to send the bus to our area just for us.
What concerns you about moving to an area where there aren't frum families yet? Between school, shul, and family time my kids have nothing to do with the neighbors (other than a friendly wave), and often have their friends come over.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 10:12 pm
Not OP, but I'd want my kids to have neighbors around to play with, BH where we live now it's like a bungalow colony all year long and they're always playing together. With everyone away for the summer my kids have nobody besides each other to play with and end up bored and fighting much more often.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 10:14 pm
Can you give more details on the locations and crowd at the shuls in the high 30s near r/Fillmore/s?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 10:15 pm
amother wrote:
Not OP, but I'd want my kids to have neighbors around to play with, BH where we live now it's like a bungalow colony all year long and they're always playing together. With everyone away for the summer my kids have nobody besides each other to play with and end up bored and fighting much more often.

Are you my neighbor Wink

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 10:18 pm
amother wrote:
Are you my neighbor Wink

Can't be cuz my block is deserted, unless you're in the country:)

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 11:35 pm
We're also looking into marine park .. I really think it will continue to grow in terms of frum families moving in, because there just is nowhere else ... But you definitely won't have a bungalow colony block. I have one of those now too! It's hard to move on ..

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 7:45 am
which block is the bungalow colony block? (I live on one such block and wondering how many of you are neighbors of mine Smile)

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 8:23 am
I don't think there's only one block like that. There's a few. mostly in the teens area

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 10:29 am
amother wrote:
I don't think there's only one block like that. There's a few. mostly in the teens area

Just fyi the teens are not part of marine park

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 11:00 am
Lol no kidding. I live in the teens now. Considering a move to Marine Park.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Aug 02 2017, 6:23 am
Bump
Any frum people on kimball street?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries