Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Volunteering in lkwd to make friends (60s)

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 10:22 pm
I am asking for an older acquaintance who will be moving to lkwd soon from
Overseas and wants
To make friends. She is happy to volunteer in order to meet ppl. She is on her low 60s and is a grandmother and Capable. Where do ppl her age volunterr? How else can she meet her age group? She will not be living in one of those developments For older ppl.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 10:30 pm
amother wrote:
I am asking for an older acquaintance who will be moving to lkwd soon from
Overseas and wants
To make friends. She is happy to volunteer in order to meet ppl. She is on her low 60s and is a grandmother and Capable. Where do ppl her age volunterr? How else can she meet her age group? She will not be living in one of those developments For older ppl.

I'm not really sure what to advise. I'm sure if you call the bikur cholim office (of Lakewood) they will let you know what options there are for volunteering. I am curious to see if others have any ideas since my mother is in her upper 60's and would like to move to Lakewood but is worried that she will feel alone without her friends. I do know a number of women in their 60's here but they are not a group, rather spread out individuals in Lakewood.

mommyla

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 10:42 pm
Bikur Cholim is a great place to start. Deja New. Ahavas Tzedakah? (Not sure if they need volunteers but Mrs. Shanik can definitely hook you up with the right people.) Tomchei Shabbos.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 10:35 am
My FIL moved to Lakewood around 2 years ago. He lives in A Country Place. There seems to be a really well-developed program for seniors there, for both men and women, with activities that get them meeting others.

kollel wife

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 2:28 pm
60's isn't really so senior. There's a ladies Nshei, part of bikur cholim for seniors. I'm not sure how active they are in the summer. I know they find it very hard to get drivers to bring the participants.

Also, she must drive in Lakewood or she will be very isolated!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating