Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Tiferes Chaya in lakewood
Previous  1  2  3

sourstix

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 6:38 pm
The poster that asked why it's hard to get in? Welcome to the Chinuch system. I've been in it for 20 yrs. the stuff schools do is not one I only experienced. Many people have gone through it. Now to answer your question. Firstly any school today doesn't just say yes. If they do then u should think something is off. So that's reason #1 do you need more reasons? Pm me and I can list more. Rejection today's days is one of the biggest for every narishkeit. I believe some people can name them. And they give out rejection letters to the best of us.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 8:02 pm
It's hard to get into because they don't have else where to send. Most people that send there really want to go to Bais Rochel and can't get in. Eventually you have to settle for a school that is not your first choice or your child won't have a school.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 8:31 pm
amother wrote:
It's hard to get into because they don't have else where to send. Most people that send there really want to go to Bais Rochel and can't get in. Eventually you have to settle for a school that is not your first choice or your child won't have a school.

Interesting- I would never send to Bais Rochel based on what I know of the administrator/owner.
Also, I think Bais Rochel is a little too chassidish/farfrumt for me does that mean that TC is not really my crowd? Are the crowds comparable?

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 8:36 pm
I don't know today but nine years ago whoever didn't get into Bais Rochel went to Tc.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 8:41 pm
Simply put, there is a chassidish girls school food chain. At the top is bais Rochel, next is tiferes Chaya, and after that is Keser b y. I really don't think the crowds differ so much from school to school, it's just a matter of how elite you are and which school will accept you. I can definitely vouch for the education in Keser B Y. Oh and btw they are all absolutely obsessed with the girls and mothers dressing simply! Not sure who can say that dressing simply is in the minority. Oh, and all run by horrible people. Sorry, but that's the truth. The Lakewood school experience was perfectly addressed by rabbi rechnitz this year; watch his speech.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 10:48 pm
amother wrote:
Simply put, there is a chassidish girls school food chain. At the top is bais Rochel, next is tiferes Chaya, and after that is Keser b y. I really don't think the crowds differ so much from school to school, it's just a matter of how elite you are and which school will accept you. I can definitely vouch for the education in Keser B Y. Oh and btw they are all absolutely obsessed with the girls and mothers dressing simply! Not sure who can say that dressing simply is in the minority. Oh, and all run by horrible people. Sorry, but that's the truth. The Lakewood school experience was perfectly addressed by rabbi rechnitz this year; watch his speech.

Untrue. Many prefer Kesser over TC. My kid is in Bais Rochel but if we wouldnt have gotten in Kesser was my next choice. My friends who send to Kesser did not try TC at all.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 11:07 pm
amother wrote:

Another mother who disagrees. I got into bais Rochel and don't send there. Didn't even apply to TC - wasn't interested because didn't feel it was the right crowd. Send to kesser and love it! Totally don't regret my decision

groisamomma

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 11:49 pm
amother wrote:

amother wrote:
I don't know today but nine years ago whoever didn't get into Bais Rochel went to Tc.

It was like this in the early years of TC (which is why they started out with that type of parent body) but you can't say that as a rule today anymore. By now TC has their own distinct parent body and some people that send there never tried getting in anywhere else because they fit into TC perfectly so why bother?

amother wrote:
Interesting- I would never send to Bais Rochel based on what I know of the administrator/owner.
Also, I think Bais Rochel is a little too chassidish/farfrumt for me does that mean that TC is not really my crowd? Are the crowds comparable?

No comment about your first point except to say that whoever told you that wasn't lying.

BR is definitely more chassidish/farfrumt than TC. Again, not every single family, obviously, but in a general manner TC is more lax than BR. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. From my experience, people from boro park that refer to themselves as "open-minded chassidish" fit into TC perfectly.

I agree with Peach and Mustard. Many families that apply to BR and KBY don't even consider TC.

Having more than said my piece, I'm now gracefully bowing out of this conversation, ladies. Much hatzlacha to the people making these decisions!

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 9:59 am
My dd is in TC and we did not want Bais Rochel at all because for us it was too chassidish, they are way too busy with the mothers length of sheitel and dress and I heard plenty of negative from insiders about the issues of that school.
Overall TC is trying very hard but like every school they have their faults too.
They are a small school and try to keep it that way.

1mom5

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 11:30 am
I send my daughter she's happy and so am I. She has a great class and amazing teachers.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 12:51 pm
amother wrote:
Don't know much about Lakewood schools, but aren't there other chassidish schools, such as Bnos Bina? Where do they fit into the picture?

groisamomma

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 1:08 pm
amother wrote:
Don't know much about Lakewood schools, but aren't there other chassidish schools, such as Bnos Bina? Where do they fit into the picture?

Chassidus is stronger and more important than academics. They are on a very low level.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 7:35 pm
don't know a thing about this school, but..

Never ask a parent with a child in an early elementary grade to give an opinion on a school. They don't have enough experience with the school.

Chaya123

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 10:59 pm
Just reading through this thread and horrified at the total lies and lh stated. I send to this school and have only the highest praise for everyone and everything about this school. The professionalism, top care, amazing chinuch, fantastic teachers and principals, and wonderful parent body is one of a kind! I thank hashem every day for this wonderful school that is giving my children the most amazing chinuch
FYI we are very chassidish, very frum, husband learnt in yeshiva many years and now in chinuch
Please don't believe what you hear!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics