Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
8 tr old son has a bad friendship

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 7:02 am
My son is best friends with a boy in his class. We live around the corner from each other and the boys get together often. I am very friendly with the mom. Yesterday when the friend was here, I overheard him telling my son this rhyme he made up all about the female anatomy. I've heard him say inappropriate things in the past but nothing like this. I don't want this kid near my son. It will be very awkward to tell my friend this and she will be very hurt. Even if I told her and she promised to talk to her son I still don't trust him and don't want him over anymore. Any ideas?

tf

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 7:29 am
Does your friend know her son does this? Does she appreciate it? If not, I'm sure she'll be glad you tell her, so she can take care of the problem. That's for the other boy.
As for your son, he surely knows this is wrong. Explain to him that this is called nivel peh and the punishment is very harsh for nivel peh. For his benefit, you want him to stop being friends with this boy. Offer to help him to go about stopping this friendship and starting a new better one.
Don't be afraid of your friend being hurt for stopping the boy's friendship. Chances are that she wants to know such stuff, and it'll be easier for her to get her son to stop if he already lost a friend as a result.
If she doesn't mind that her son is into this, then that is the best reason to stop both friendships, adults and kids. Unfortunately, it does happen, and it's your responsibility to save your son.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics