Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toilet training issues- please help me!

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 5:34 am
My 2.5 year old daughter seemed ready for toilet training. She was eager to wear underwear and was making in the potty and sometimes the toilet. She also slept a few nights without a diaper (her request!)

Then after 2 weeks of doing quite well, she started complaining of pain when urinating. I thought she may have a UTI so I took her to the doc who said she may be constipated. I was worried that she was holding herself in so I put her on diapers for a few days just to get her going again.

Now I want her to resume training but she is resistant. She wore underwear today and has had accidents every time. Do I wait till she is 'ready' again? Do I seriously need to train her from the beginning?!! I am so tired of this!

Please tell me what is the right thing to do here. Feeling so discouraged!

greenfire

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 1:29 pm
leave the diaper on at nights ... for now

do you bring her to the bathroom or do you wait till she wants to go ... I would leave the panties on as it's better for her skin and you don't want to digress

can you encourage her with stars and prizes

MMCH

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 3:14 pm
oo thats a tough situation.

what I would do , only bc I remember something similar happening to my 2.5 year old
I would kind of ignore the whole thing for a while (if she begs for underwear then let her have it)
I would put her in diapers/pull ups, let her get comfortable again, let her get the positive feelings towards toilet training, and then start.
I found with my daughters, that more accidents they had, the more and more they started hating the whole thing and it was a vicious cycle
then when they were really really really ready (like closer to 3) the whole thing took 1 day.

good luck

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 1:43 am
Thanks ladies!

greenfire- no bribes are working!

MMCH- Yes I am experiencing exactly what you describe. I am going to let it go and wait for her to initiate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics