Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What school did you go to?
  Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12 22  23  24  Next

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 11:19 am
To the Tomer Dvorah grads here:

What does the Skverer Rebbe have to say to women who are on the internet for socializing?

How does he deal with it if he becomes aware women of his sect are socializing on the internet?

Im thinking about it because OP is a Tomer Dvorah grad, who thinks shes typical for her school, and Im wondering how accurate that is.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 11:23 am
amother wrote:

I think when internet use started years ago, the bulk of women married to men who wear Shtreimels thought internet use for anything but business was treif.

Really? As far as I recall, when internet use started, the whole 'internet' hype and buzz was non-existent. Who was yelling about the internet then? The whole 'internet is treif' phenomenon started only a good few years after people were using the internet, no?

cnc

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 11:25 am
amother wrote:
To the Tomer Dvorah grads here:

What does the Skverer Rebbe have to say to women who are on the internet for socializing?

How does he deal with it if he becomes aware women of his sect are socializing on the internet?

Im thinking about it because OP is a Tomer Dvorah grad, who thinks shes typical for her school, and Im wondering how accurate that is.

Tomer Devorah is a neutral school and I would venture to say that most students are not skver.

Besides the fact that TD is Skver BP- not skver New Square and is much "less chassidish" then Skver NS.

Knowing many people my age that went to TD- the fact that she is on the Internet doesn't make her not typical for her school....it's 2016 y'know...

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 11:32 am
cnc wrote:
Knowing many people my age that went to TD- the fact that she is on the Internet doesn't make her not typical for her school....it's 2016 y'know...

How far does the "Its 2016" go?

Hmmmm. Can it be assumed these days that MOST women who wear seamed stockings and/or covered sheitels are STILL NOT on the internet for socializing, even though its 2016? Or is that no longer a fair assumption (about most of the women who wear seamed stockings and/or covered sheitels)?

amother

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 11:36 am
amother wrote:

Hmmmm. Can it be assumed these days that MOST women who wear seamed stockings and/or covered sheitels are STILL NOT on the internet for socializing, even though its 2016? Or is that no longer a fair assumption (about most of the women described above)?

TD graduates usually don't wear covered wigs and seams

cnc

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 11:37 am
amother wrote:

Hmmmm. Can it be assumed these days that MOST women who wear seamed stockings and/or covered sheitels are STILL NOT on the internet for socializing, even though its 2016? Or is that no longer a fair assumption (about most of the women described above)?

Firstly, are you equating TD graduates with seamed stockings and covered sheitels? Because that's definitely not the typical TD crowd .

Secondly, I know plenty of people as you describe that are on the Internet. I don't why you think Internet usage is exclusive to non seam and non covered sheitel wearers although there is no way to get a truly accurate answer...

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 11:37 am
Make no assumptions. There are plenty of chasidishe women all you mentioned on the Internet. It's not a secret they say they are not but they have it anyway.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 11:39 am
Anyone in the line of technology knows how easy it is to find out who's online.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 12:10 pm
Tomer Devorah graduate 2002

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 12:15 pm
amother wrote:

HUH? Please share.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 1:40 pm
amother wrote:
BY detroit and I yes I consider myself a pretty typical graduate

BY Detroit HS
Bais Rivka seminary

not typical of either one.

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 2:00 pm
sequoia wrote:
I went to a very diverse secular private school.

There isn't a specific worldview or lifestyle that its graduates subscribe to.

Likewise.

Zehava

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 2:25 pm
amother wrote:

Who are you the internet police? Did some kehilla send you do find out who's online?

Zehava

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 2:26 pm
amother wrote:

Hmmmm. Can it be assumed these days that MOST women who wear seamed stockings and/or covered sheitels are STILL NOT on the internet for socializing, even though its 2016? Or is that no longer a fair assumption (about most of the women who wear seamed stockings and/or covered sheitels)?

it was never a fair assumption. Seriously what's up with you people? Prowling around on the Internet to find out who is on it?

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 3:26 pm
No one cares who's online.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 3:30 pm
I can't explain bec I know too much. But those that know enough about technology would know this. For those who don't know what I mean make sure your wifi is protected. Make sure others that try to access wifi from you can't.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 4:24 pm
I graduated Machon in 1993. Definitely not a poster child, though the staff there liked me because I was a good student who followed the rules. As one of the only students in my grade from outside of Brooklyn, I never felt like I fit in and the girls were mostly not my type. I don't know what it's like now, but I hear it's been going downhill over the years.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 5:51 pm
amother wrote:
I think it did change a little. Did you go to the hs? Looking back I'm shocked at how fake and artificially "yeshivish" it was.. The hs principals have made a "model student" culture that reminds me of the stepford wives.

lol! I did go for high school. Definitely noticed this. I was a good student, followed rules always polite, did well,but wasnt yeshivish. so didnt have a great time cuz I was one of those "brushed under rug" cuz I wasnt their type. which also rubbed iff on students. I was very upset about it. Bh I turned out fine regardless, but this atitude caused a friend to go off, and a few others to have more problems. I think if they were more open yo the non yesgivish but still good students, 1 of my friends would still be frum

amother

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 6:11 pm
I went to JSZ in Zurich, Switzerland where there is only one frum girls school and there is all different types in the school and you can be who you want to be.
In a way I can say , yes, I am a product o the school which tolerated and accepted everyone from which ever backround!

amother

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 7:56 pm
Im from satmar bp. Very average students I guess. I wear palm tights with seams a and covered shwitel. Im proud of my education. I have masters degree. Send my children to satmar and have a very filtered internet.. I had to request permission for imamother.lol.
Nobody knowa qhat I have or wht I do.its between me and Hashem. Im trying to make him happy..
Page 11 of 24   Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12 22  23  24  Next Recent Topics