Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Pants for yeshiva bochur

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 2:11 pm
Can you please recommend pants for an 18 year old going to Israel for everyday use. TIA

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 4:17 pm
Bump

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 4:27 pm
I found pants in Kohl's and Burlington, not twill but not dry clean only either, b"H.
Does this help?

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 5:54 pm
Pink Fridge, can you post a link?

cmommy

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 6:15 pm
Walmart makes a nice dress pant that is machine washable. Men's sizes are $20. They come in flat front and pleated. The brand is George

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 7:10 pm
I second Walmart, the George pants. As for a link, we haven't bought pants this year so it wouldn't be helpful. If you go to any of the websites, look for men's pants that aren't cotton but are dark, they'll be on the cheaper end.

gittelchana

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 7:21 pm
amother wrote:
Can you please recommend pants for an 18 year old going to Israel for everyday use. TIA

Cotton pants are inexpensive, low maintenance and very durable.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 7:27 pm
gittelchana wrote:
Cotton pants are inexpensive, low maintenance and very durable.

And a lot of boys want some sort of blend, like poly rayon, or wool. Some yeshivos even mandate them. I have no idea what's the standard in E"Y. It is good to have a few cotton or twill pants on hand though but there's a fair chance this bochur might not want them.

happybeingamom

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 7:38 pm
cmommy wrote:
Walmart makes a nice dress pant that is machine washable. Men's sizes are $20. They come in flat front and pleated. The brand is George

I second that, they look decent and wash well.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 7:51 am
I only buy wool pants.

Cotton are "not yeshivish" and polyester pants turn shiny by the tush after a few weeks of sitting in the beis medrash.

DrMom

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 8:04 am
What's he been wearing until now?

DrMom

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 8:08 am
amother wrote:
I only buy wool pants.

Cotton are "not yeshivish" and polyester pants turn shiny by the tush after a few weeks of sitting in the beis medrash.

I'm not "yeshivish," but it seems you'd need *very* lightweight wool pants to not be uncomfortably hot here. It is >90F here every single day for at least 3 months out of the year.

Also, dry-cleaning is pricey.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 10:12 am
DrMom wrote:
I'm not "yeshivish," but it seems you'd need *very* lightweight wool pants to not be uncomfortably hot here. It is >90F here every single day for at least 3 months out of the year.

Also, dry-cleaning is pricey.

The beis medrash is air conditioned. Many of them wear wool tzitzis too. They get used to it.
Some bochurim wear cotton pants on trips.
They wear their wool pants for like 2-3 weeks at a time before cleaning them. (Gross, I know, but I stay out of it.)

DrMom

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 10:44 am
amother wrote:
The beis medrash is air conditioned. Many of them wear wool tzitzis too. They get used to it.
Some bochurim wear cotton pants on trips.
They wear their wool pants for like 2-3 weeks at a time before cleaning them. (Gross, I know, but I stay out of it.)

Yuck.

But if the above is not a problem for you, then I guess you can just buy whatever pants you want and they will "get used to" them no matter what.

greenfire

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 1:04 pm
go to marshall's and buy pants ... they do have summer light-weight wool or dockers

is he wearing different garb for yeshiva ? even so I wouldn't worry so long as they are black or blue and not jeans

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 12:13 pm
From Walmart Do you get the ones that are wrinkle resistant?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 6:09 pm
I'm thinking that maybe posters on the Yeshiva World coffee room would be more helpful with this since there seems to be more yeshiva guys on there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics