Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Place to relax in Brooklyn?

ilovegod

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 9:07 pm
Is there any place in brookly for a couple from out of town to go and enjoy? Scenic preferred? Is there such a thing?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 9:37 pm
Brooklyn Bridge park at peir six is very nice!!

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 9:39 pm
Central Park. There are some really nice quiet spots there and it's easily accessible.

Prospect Park too.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 9:39 pm
Prospect Park is nice.
Not in Brooklyn, but Riverside Park in Manhattan is beautiful.

married123

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 9:44 pm
The bay, past bay parkway. The other posts are great places too. Manhattan beach (its in brooklyn)

greenfire

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 2:46 pm
go to the boardwalk in coney island ... there's not only a lot to see but if you wait for sunset you can have a picnic on the beach and see the moonlight too

warning very relaxing as well as breathtaking

jflower

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 9:21 am
Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. The Japanese & Rose gardens are especially beautiful. Oh, also the lily pad ponds. Very peaceful.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 10:48 am
Ive been living in Brooklyn most of my life but I just recently experienced the Marine Park trail. Amazing Amazing Amazing. Not for 90 degree weather though. Also not as scenic, but nice, Owls Head Park.

Any interesting places that are air-conditioned, besides malls?

doctorima

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 10:49 am
What is Marine Park trail? Is that the bike/walking path that goes through Marine Park? Or something different?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 11:01 am
doctorima wrote:
What is Marine Park trail? Is that the bike/walking path that goes through Marine Park? Or something different?

Yes
It's a beautiful trail

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 11:13 am
doctorima wrote:

I only know of one, and its extremely scenic, no buildings in sight for much of it. You feel like youre in a far away state.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 11:15 am
married123 wrote:
The bay, past bay parkway. The other posts are great places too. Manhattan beach (its in brooklyn)

Is there a waking/sitting area in Manhattan Beach? Also parking in Manhattan Beach is very tough on non work days.

married123

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 11:36 am
There are picnic areas with tables and parking is only bad on sat and sunday... try during the week. It's beautiful and relaxing

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 1:13 pm
doctorima wrote:

No not the path that goes thru the park. That's enjoyable and relaxing, but not so scenic. There is a trail that begins across the road from marine park. I think it's avenue U. It's rally nice and I seriously felt I was out of the city when I walked it.
But not much shade so not for the heat of the day.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 1:19 pm
I just remembered there is also boating there! We wanted to do it last summer but was too hard with kids. For just a couple it sounds like a nice thing to do. U have to pay for it in marine park ( avenue U entrance). Or u can do the Surrey bikes in the park, that's like more fun than relaxing. But very enjoyable too. I really recommend the boating and the trail op.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 1:38 pm
Marine Park trail is breathtaking. Is Marine Park trail dangerous to do, at hours when theres no one else there, very early or very late?

leah233

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 1:45 pm
My first vote would be the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens with the Prospect Park Zoo across the street. My second would be the NY aquarium by Coney Island.

Some would suggest The Living Torah museum (or some other museum) but I don't get the feeling that is what you are looking for.

octopus

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 8:29 pm
amother wrote:
No not the path that goes thru the park. That's enjoyable and relaxing, but not so scenic. There is a trail that begins across the road from marine park. I think it's avenue U. It's rally nice and I seriously felt I was out of the city when I walked it.
But not much shade so not for the heat of the day.

this is the salt marsh trail
https://www.nycgovparks.org/pa.....rails
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics