Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
At home internet. how much is your monthly payment?
1  2  Next

how much do you pay for at home internet?
under $30  
 20%  [ 18 ]
$30-$40  
 23%  [ 21 ]
$40-$50  
 8%  [ 8 ]
$50-$60  
 29%  [ 26 ]
$60-$70  
 7%  [ 7 ]
$70 and up  
 10%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 89

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 2:32 pm
I have time warner and they are charging me since my 1 year promotion has ended $62.

I think that is a lot for internet.

I am just curious what your at home internet cost is and which company you use.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 2:40 pm
80 a month for phone and Internet thru optimum

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 2:47 pm
we pay $60 + tax for phone and internet

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 2:54 pm
I have verizon and pay about $80 monthly for phone and internet. I've been having a problem with phone service for a few months now - issues with dial tone - they came to fix and it wasn't working again a day later - and their customer service is about as lousy as you can get.

So I'll be following this thread, because I'm trying to decide where to switch to......

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 3:03 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I have verizon and pay about $80 monthly for phone and internet. I've been having a problem with phone service for a few months now - issues with dial tone - they came to fix and it wasn't working again a day later - and their customer service is about as lousy as you can get.

So I'll be following this thread, because I'm trying to decide where to switch to......

ah! so annoying. I feel you! time warners customer service is NOT any better!

gold21

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 4:08 pm
Random thought- why would someone post anon to list how much they pay for internet usage? This site is a bunch of anonymous posters lately.

asmileaday

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 5:02 pm
gold21 wrote:
Random thought- why would someone post anon to list how much they pay for internet usage? This site is a bunch of anonymous posters lately.

Because they don't want people knowing they have Internet service at home? Confused

gold21

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 5:57 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Because they don't want people knowing they have Internet service at home? Confused

Lol. This is an internet site.

asmileaday

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 6:14 pm
gold21 wrote:
Lol. This is an internet site.

...that can be accessed from a phone or at work.

That's the only reason I can think of!

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 6:33 pm
Chayalle wrote:

I had the same issue. I called the commissioners office after having them come almost daily for a long time. Once I made that call they suddenly were able to fix it for good! Try to do the same.

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Jul 23 2016, 10:50 pm
asmileaday wrote:
...that can be accessed from a phone or at work.

That's the only reason I can think of!

I was asked the exact same question IRL the day before the OP was posted. I was going to answer the post in much more detail so I went anonymous as not to give away my identity in case the OP is my neighbor that asked me the question. Based on other posts of mine, it's possible for my identity to be revealed.

It happens to be that I gave a very brief response, so I really could have gone under my SN...

oh well..

Moonlight

Post Sat, Jul 23 2016, 11:47 pm
I had this with TWC and I've learned that if you go into a TWC store (not on phone) and tell them you can't do it, need a promo, they're very likely to give you a good deal. This is my 4th year doing that, paying 35/mo

yidisheh mama

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 8:30 am
I wrote 50-60, but I really pay 40 something plus tax, which comes out to fifty and change. ( I have optimum's ultra 50 plan. )

gp2.0

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 6:42 pm
Are any of you happy with your internet plans/companies? I'm in Brooklyn and haven't found a good one yet. Used to have Verizon, which would crash every few weeks for a day or two. Switched to Optimum, it crashes every other day for a few minutes here and there. (Can't decide which is worse.)

Optione

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 6:47 pm
I use time Werner. We pay $44.99/month. Our first year was $10 less than that. We're now on year 2 and no real issues, bH.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 8:19 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Are any of you happy with your internet plans/companies? I'm in Brooklyn and haven't found a good one yet. Used to have Verizon, which would crash every few weeks for a day or two. Switched to Optimum, it crashes every other day for a few minutes here and there. (Can't decide which is worse.)

I have Optimum for the 3rd year in a row and don't have issues with it.
I had Verizon before that and it was awful.

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 8:30 pm
Internet companies are known for negotiating. If you have been with the same company for a while and your rate went up (after the 2 year deal they give you...) do some research on prices for your area. I called up my company, A, and said I was willing to switch as company B is cheaper but I didn't want to since I liked A. They said they would knock $10 off the amount. Took 20 minutes tops and that saved me $120 a year! I had no downtime while waiting for new stuff to be sent, no hassle and I kept my company that works well for us. Very Happy

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 2:21 pm
It sounds like I should just switch from Verizon....

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 2:32 pm
Guess I'm just lucky then...supposedly I'm paying for a more expensive plan so that the internet won't keep crashing but maybe if it does anyway I'll just switch to the lower priced (supposedly slower) plan and see if there's any difference at all. I live in a very crowded area with lots of apt buildings and I'd always notice that no matter what the company, the Internet slows down when people get home from work in the evening and it's slower all weekend than it would be on weekday mornings. Maybe they just can't handle the demand.

Sometimes I feel like it's one big con. I can't believe it costs them extra to supply people with faster internet. Imagine if the electric company had options: would you like our dimmest electric plan or our brightest electric plan? Ridiculous. Everyone should get the fastest possible Internet and then be billed for actual usage.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 2:39 pm
amother wrote:
I have Optimum for the 3rd year in a row and don't have issues with it.
I had Verizon before that and it was awful.

Are you in Lakewood by any chance? I keep hearing that Optimum would be my other best bet. I use internet for work, and I'm nervous about switching - I need reliable service.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics