Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Long lasting lipstick and eyeliner

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 1:45 pm
Any suggestions for makeup that will last through Shabbos. So tired of trying the drugstore brands that say 24hours and don't last. The eyeliner always ends up looking smeared and I look like a raccoon. I don't want to get the kind of makeup that you can put on on shabbos- just something that I can put on before shabbos and forget about it.
Any advice?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 1:54 pm
Favorite long lasting lipsticks r careline, revlon colorstay overtime and Rimmel Apoccolips. I apply a layer of the color, let it dry, and apply second layer. Once that is dry, u can apply the clear gloss. Rimmel and Revlon are available at select Wal-Marts and Rite Aids. Careline is usually available through select Jewish stores. (Dunno where you live) Careline is a bit pricier but totally worth it.

I like Stila "Stay all Day" liquid liner. Available at Sephora.

Anon cuz I have dispensed this advice many times IRL.

Liebs

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 1:59 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Maybell.....S1DGN

On different people lasts differently...makeup tends to stay on me for a long time.
Stays on for more than 24 hrs on me.

N'sMom

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 2:06 pm
I don't care that much about lipstick so can't help you there but the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner is amazing. As someone else said, everyone is different but on me it lasts into the second day of yom tov! I find that the ones with sparkle in them last less well than the other ones, but that still leaves lots of good colors. FYI it is available on Costco.com at a very good price.

eschaya

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 2:08 pm
Careline brand. Just started using it this year and absolutely love it. There are so many lipstick colors to choose from, and lit doesn't get dried and peeling like other brands. Completely worth the price.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 2:15 pm
Revlon Color Stay overtime.

I bought it sure it was like all the rest, lasting way before the end of the first meal. What can I say, I had to literally peel it off motzai Shabbos!

The trick is to apply three layers, waiting between each to dry. Don't use the gloss, it causes it to come off.

Works like a charm.

PassionFruit

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 2:23 pm
My trick is the marker kind of eyeliner. I have used a few different brands: revlon, maybelline, smashbox, stilla. Currently I use maybelliene and I am happy with it. For me, the trick is a few coats, INCLUDING lining the upper water line (stretch your eyelid up and tight line the line below your lashes. I also do eyeliner both before and after applying eye shadow. For the bottom lashes, I use maybelline chrome tattoo eye-shadow in the copper shade and that stuff really sticks (I use a different color for eye shadow as well. I then add a bit of the marker to the bottom lashes, but I don't care about that area staying as much as the top.
For lipstick I use the same stuff as amother yellow said, but I don't like that it becomes more and more cool-toned on me as the day goes on (the shade I have starts out bright berry and ends up almost cool purple). I didn't really experiment much with other shades, but the formula is really good.

http://www.ulta.com/color-tatt.....71007
EYESTUDIO® MASTER PRECISE® LIQUID LINER
https://www.maybelline.com/eye.....lQFpA

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 4:04 pm
Where can you buy careline in NY??

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 5:35 pm
Thanks for all the great tips!

Rose816

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 8:19 pm
I LOVE Maybelline ColorSensational Matte Lipsticks! They've stayed on during Shabbos, Yuntif, and I wasn't being careful about how I ate either. LOL Some people put a lipliner under lipsticks to ensure longer wear, but I don't. Apply lipstick generously, it'll dry down in a few minutes and look lovely! Another tip is gently blot and then through the tissue, dust a light layer of translucent powder.

I also happen to have been really successful with Wet N Wild's liquid liner. As long as I don't smoosh my face into a pillow, it last all Shabbos. (Some people have greasier eyelids and diff body chemistry on general so you'll have some trial and error with different products)

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 8:41 pm
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick. All lipstick lasts on my lips and I could never usually use a long lasting lipstick because they start to feel gross after a few hours. But I like this one, because it stays on without becoming super dry. There is no topcoat or super dry lip stain. It just goes on like a creamy lipstick.

bestwife3

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 8:51 pm
Wet n wild mega liner stays put all day. When I try removing it at night I have a really hard time it just wouldn't budge. I use more than one makeup remover. I highly recommend it. I buy it at Target

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 9:13 pm
Stila smudgestick eyeliner stays even through a 3 day yom tov

morningsickness

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 1:46 pm
I love the Maybelline "SuperStay24Color". The color stays on throughout shabbos but doesn't give the sensation of dry lips. The lips actually feel softer with it on. Also, comes off pretty easily with baby wipes after shabbos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics