Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Democratic National Convention
  1  2  3  16  17  18  Next

WhatFor

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 3:17 pm
So I saw Tim Kaine's speech and I think he delivered well. From that speech alone, he certainly seems more charismatic than Hillary. However, not knowing much about him, I'm curious what everyone out here thinks.

He's Catholic, anti-abortion on a personal level but doesn't think that should have a place in the law, has foreign policy experience, was a governor, mayor, and a Senator, and one of his political heroes is his father in law who was a Republican governor. He also came from some iron-working family. This pick was obviously designed to pick up a lot of Republicans who won't vote for Trump and he's obviously angling for the blue-collar worker voter as well.

On the other hand, a lot of my Democratic friends are disappointed with this pick, saying he is/was a proponent of bank deregulation (haven't looked into it) and other things. (Although when you look at what many liberals- especially younger voters- stand for in America, Hillary is pretty far right of that too.)

What do you know about Tim Kaine? Do you think this pick will help Hillary in the long run?

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 3:39 pm
I like both vice presidential choices much better than both presidential nominees. Most people vote for the top of the ticket.

I'm anti-Trump and anti-Hillary. But while I think Trump will be bad for the country, I know Hillary will be bad.

SRS

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 5:27 pm
Not good for Israel.

leah233

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 5:57 pm
I'm writing in a candidate this election because I can't bring myself to vote for either of the nominees.Neither of them are the type to give up a lot of their authority to anyone so their VP picks have little impact on me

If I knew I was going to cast the decisive vote I would vote against Hillary.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 6:03 pm
I think he'll attract some republicans.
It is interesting to note how the two candidates relate to their Vice President. Trump pretty much walks over pence (interrupts him, doesn't share the spotlight, all his posts on Instagram and tweets are all about trump with a small mention of pence) while Hillary is letting Kaine take a more normal role in things, letting him take the spotlight as well.
That just worsens Trump even more in my eyes. What was the point of him runningn with anyone anyway ?

marina

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 7:10 pm
I'm concerned that this convention will be as much of a circus as last week's. But I dk. Hopefully not

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 8:16 pm
It's already a circus, Marina. Debbie Wasserman Schultz just resigned: http://www.reuters.com/article.....?il=0

treestump

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 8:18 pm
And thousands of Bernie or Bust supporters are already protesting.

ally

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 10:34 pm
And they're blaming the Russians. What is this, 1980?

WhatFor

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 10:37 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
It's already a circus, Marina. Debbie Wasserman Schultz just resigned: http://www.reuters.com/article.....?il=0

But Hillary just made her a chair on her campaign? Scratching Head What

In the meantime, Bloomberg will be endorsing Hillary at the DNC.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 11:38 pm
We shall see what this week will bring. I watched last weeks convention.... Now let's see what these dems are bringing to the table.

Fox

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 12:29 am
flowerpower wrote:
We shall see what this week will bring. I watched last weeks convention.... Now let's see what these dems are bringing to the table.

Lol! I think the table is groaning already.

From the Twitterverse:

* Bernie Sanders supporters are protesting in large numbers, yelling "Lock Her Up!"

* The DNC has erected a 10' tall chain link fence around the venue, with every half-wit wag sending out a wall-related joke.

* Twitter manually removed "DNCLeaks" from the list of trending topics, and now WikiLeaks is preparing for war. Milo is entertaining, but Julian is just downright scary!

* Internal emails show much hilarity among DNC staffers over the name "LaQueenia." Blacks are mad because they think this is a black woman's name; gays are mad because they think it's a homophobic slur.

* Kassy Dillon (@KassyDillon), the head of Lone Conservative who rose to fame as the Twigglypuff videographer has now been suspended from Twitter -- no reason given and no way to re-open account. Bets are being taken on when @IAmQueenAri will be shut down.

* WikiLeaks promising more to come in October. Figure by then there will be equally crazy RNC leaks.

More drama here than having three teenage DDs in the house!

Mevater

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 12:44 am
SRS wrote:
Not good for Israel.

YUP.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g.....eech/

Democrats are touting Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA), Hillary Clinton’s new running mate, as a pro-Israel voice in Congress. The left-wing Forward ran a tribute exulting: “5 Reasons Tim Kaine Will Be the Jewiest Vice President Pick for Hillary Clinton.”
Yet Kaine joined anti-Israel radicals in Congress in boycotting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s speech in March 2015 — the last plea of a beleaguered nation against an agreement that Iran is already violating with ballistic missile tests.

At the time, Kaine dismissed Netanyahu’s speech as purely an attempt to influence the upcoming Israel elections — on which the speech had virtually no effect — and complained that Republicans were trying to make support for Israel a partisan issue.

Bloomberg News at the time predicted that Kaine’s decision to boycott the speech “could resonate for years,” describing it as a sop to the party’s left-wing base.

Notably, Kaine is supported by J Street, the George Soros-funded radical left-wing organization widely regarded as anti-Israel for its opposition to every attempt by Israel to defend itself against terror.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 2:05 am
Fox wrote:

From the Twitterverse:

* Bernie Sanders supporters are protesting in large numbers, yelling "Lock Her Up!"

* The DNC has erected a 10' tall chain link fence around the venue, with every half-wit wag sending out a wall-related joke.

* Twitter manually removed "DNCLeaks" from the list of trending topics, and now WikiLeaks is preparing for war. Milo is entertaining, but Julian is just downright scary!

* Internal emails show much hilarity among DNC staffers over the name "LaQueenia." Blacks are mad because they think this is a black woman's name; gays are mad because they think it's a homophobic slur.

* Kassy Dillon (@KassyDillon), the head of Lone Conservative who rose to fame as the Twigglypuff videographer has now been suspended from Twitter -- no reason given and no way to re-open account. Bets are being taken on when @IAmQueenAri will be shut down.

* WikiLeaks promising more to come in October. Figure by then there will be equally crazy RNC leaks.

More drama here than having three teenage DDs in the house!

You forgot to add:

* The DNC attempted to create a completely fake CraigsList ad for a position at a Trump office in NYC in which it would appear that Trump was encouraging lewd and disrespectful behavior toward women.
https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emai.....12803

And now they are blaming it on Russian hackers/Putin/Trump. I guess this time they couldn't scrounge up an amateur filmmaker with an obscure youtube video.

I agree with the bolded. The full treasure-trove of leaked DNC emails can be found here:
http://www.thegatewaypundit.co.....dump/

Last edited by DrMom on Mon, Jul 25 2016, 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total

DrMom

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 2:14 am
..And now Debbie Wasserman Schultz has been hired by the Clinton campaign. These people have no shame.

http://usuncut.com/news/clinto.....ultz/

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 9:12 am
SRS wrote:
Not good for Israel.

In what way? ETA: just caught up. Sorry.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Mon, Jul 25 2016, 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 9:14 am
Fox wrote:

From the Twitterverse:

!

The wild thing is, the whole post is true, isn't it.
But Bernie endorsed her. Is it that they're so bent out of shape that it's Kaine vs. say, Warren or - dare we dream - Franken?

ETA: Yes, I know, Franken is serious and boringly wonky, I heard him in the waning days of Air America. But he's just a bit more to the left than Kaine.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 9:26 am
I seriously don't understand why HRC just put DWS on her campaign. She was accused of being biased in her role with the DNC. She steps down from there, but then joins the campaign she was accused of being biased toward?

Who is this woman and why is she so valuable to Hillary that Hillary is going to risk throwing away any hope she had of getting Bernie supporters by putting her on her campaign?

leah233

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 9:34 am
The democrats are setting the tone of a Clinton presidency already. They have all gender bathrooms by the convention.

Today it is voluntary. One day it will be mandatory.

treestump

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 9:46 am
DrMom wrote:
..And now Debbie Wasserman Schultz has been hired by the Clinton campaign. These people have no shame.

http://usuncut.com/news/clinto.....ultz/

What? That is extraordinarily bizzare even for Ms. Clinton.
Page 1 of 18   1  2  3  16  17  18  Next Recent Topics