Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Schools for weak learners but good boys
Previous  1  2

Chavroni

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 9:29 pm
There is one more great Yeshiva that comes to mind. We were so taken by the Rosh Yeshiva, Rabbi Pluchok in Brooklyn. He is so warm & loves the boys! They just didn't have a dorm, which we needed coming (out of town). I just remember the name of the Yeshiva. Derech Chaim gave us the information.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 9:37 pm
Chavroni wrote:
There is one more great Yeshiva that comes to mind. We were so taken by the Rosh Yeshiva, Rabbi Pluchok in Brooklyn. He is so warm & loves the boys! They just didn't have a dorm, which we needed coming (out of town). I just remember the name of the Yeshiva. Derech Chaim gave us the information.

Le'toeles, Derech Chaim has a strong reputation for taking boys who have emotional problems, in addition to problems with learning. I would not want my son associated with that Yeshiva's reputation.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 9:38 pm
amother wrote:
Le'toeles, Derech Chaim has a strong reputation for taking boys who have emotional problems, in addition to problems with learning. I would not want my son associated with that Yeshiva's reputation.

I know this first hand, from an extremely close relative who recently spent over a decade in the Yeshiva.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 12:34 am
Talpios Yeshiva in Monsey, Rabbi Shimon Semp.

Chavroni

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 11:41 am
Rabbi Pluchok's Yeshiva is called Nesivos Chaim.

happy12

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 12:28 pm
"
amother wrote:

I know this first hand, from an extremely close relative who recently spent over a decade in the Yeshiva."

Yes they do take in a few boys who no other yeshiva will take and they work with them. the rest of the talmidim are very fine boys who are willing to learn in the same bais madrash as these boys. All the talmidim have a close kesher with their rebbeim even after they leave yeshiva.

I know this first hand and will post under my SN

happy12

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 12:39 pm
I have a friend whose son was in special ed his whole life. Then he switched to Derech Chaim as an adult. She says he grew much more in maturity and socially in a few months there because the other students treated him as a peer and not as a nebach.

Chavroni

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 5:17 pm
I don't know about Derech Chaim, I know about Nesivos Chaim, which is not connected.

shanie5

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 7:42 pm
happy12 wrote:
"
amother wrote:

I know this first hand, from an extremely close relative who recently spent over a decade in the Yeshiva."

Yes they do take in a few boys who no other yeshiva will take and they work with them. the rest of the talmidim are very fine boys who are willing to learn in the same bais madrash as these boys. All the talmidim have a close kesher with their rebbeim even after they leave yeshiva.

I know this first hand and will post under my SN

I agree!

Derech Chaim works with all kinds of boys. From 'weak' to 'strong' learners. They are great for all kids. The boys make a great kesher with their rabbeim. My son went there a few years ago, and is still there learning as a young kollel man. I would recommend the yeshiva to anyone!

cookiecutter

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 7:57 pm
amother wrote:
L'toeles, Derech Chaim has a mix of types and everyone I have met from there was comfortable in their own skin and had wonderful midos. It is not for top learners, but from the boys I have met it is an extremely healthy place for a range of boys from average to challenged.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics