Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Oh What Fun these Teenagers are!!1

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 9:43 am
Life couldn't be worse for my 13 year old. Poor thing. Her sister actually talked to her and I, of all the nerve, sent her off to NESTO (teen group) to see a movie!!!!

The problem with that? One of her friends went to the NESTO meeting on Tuesday and they were all trying to decide what movies to see. This girl is currently not suppose to come to our house with her mother's permission because she has a habit of not telling her mom where she is going. So she named the movies that she heard suggested, none of which sounded right to me. But wait, this girl might not be correct about the movie so you can go.

No. You told me the movies weren't good. BUT WE DON'T KNOW THAT THOSE WILL BE THE MOVIES! So go. I think you should go. You don't have to but I think it is good for you to go (because she needs the social contact. She is a bit of a loner.)

She went. But angrily. One would think I was sending her off to military school.

Life is just so dang hard on her.

I'm going to have such a blast for the next few years.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 9:48 am
hopefully she'll thank you for it later ... kids - teens ... yeah go figure !!! what if you ask her what she wants to do ... does she have any ideas?

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 9:53 am
She originally wanted to go. But she gets into these moods where, well you know the old saying if life hands you a lemon make lemonade? Well sometimes it seems as if life hands her lemonade and she turns it into a lemon!

I know it is the hormones and we have talked about that. Her older sister was worse...I couldn't even talk to her! One would have thought I ate babies the way she treated me! Now she is a sweetheart, very loving and supportive; so I know this two will pass.

But in the meantime....well it is fun.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children