Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How do u do it?
Previous  1  2

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 11:20 am
I work 9-5 and I run a pretty organized home.

My husband is a slob He doesn't help a lot with cleaning but he helps cook.

I have cleaning help once a week for 4 hours. She takes care of things I don't have time to get to and does a deep clean.
Linens, bathrooms, washes floors, folds laundry.

In the morning I clean up whatever was still out from the night before. This means running the dishwasher, sweeping the kitchen and putting away DHs shoes.
I pack DD lunch and send her to school.
Before leaving to work I defrost whatever meat/chicken we are having for supper and sometimes I'll set a timer on the oven.

During my lunch break at work (45 min) I'll do grocery shopping once a week.

Wednesday's after work I take DD shopping with me for shabbos.

Dinners are low key (chicken and potatoes, hot dogs, etc) if I make pizza or fish sticks DH will usually make himself a steak on the grill.

I cook for shabbos Thursday night and then clean up when I'm done. Usually get to bed pretty late Thursday. DH helps me cook and clean on Thursday night.

During the week I'll use a Clorox wipe to wipe down the bathroom on the days the cleaning lady is not here.
I usually empty garbage cans once a week.
I do 1 load of laundry every day and try to fold and put away as I wash so I don't end up with a mountain of clean clothes.
We are only three people and my daughter is 5 so it's not difficult to maintain order in my house.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 11:25 am
u sound pretty organized and doesnt look like ur husband minds to much if there is a mess and ur daughter is 5 so that helps to....

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 11:33 am
amother wrote:
u sound pretty organized and doesnt look like ur husband minds to much if there is a mess and ur daughter is 5 so that helps to....

My house is really pretty clean. DD doesn't leave toys laying around and we clean as we use most things. The only time it's not as clean is at night if DH cooks late and I already go to sleep and that mess I clean up in the morning.

Your DH needs to chil out a bit Smile
If he's such a neat freak why can't he clean the house if it bothers him?

wifenmother

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 11:35 am
amother wrote:
u sound pretty organized ....

OP - I wasn't. I made a conscious effort to be. I realized that it just won't work otherwise...

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 12:02 pm
Every time your husband sits down, tell him, "for this we need cleaning help?"
Either he starts cleaning, or you stop working.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 12:39 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Every time your husband sits down, tell him, "for this we need cleaning help?"
Either he starts cleaning, or you stop working.

I like that line......think im going to use it......

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 12:41 pm
wifenmother wrote:
OP - I wasn't. I made a conscious effort to be. I realized that it just won't work otherwise...

doesn't thes burn u out? also mainly organized in my house and I luv working hard and finish my stuff but feel like im burnt!

mitsvaandmitsva

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 8:01 am
Any help? I do much better at work than at home but dont have much of an excuse. No babies. DH works. Life is good. (Ok browsing distracts) am I not so motivated at home? I think Imay have a slight add but function at work 1000 percent

mitsvaandmitsva

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 8:05 am
Adding: I was told to set timers all the time.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics