Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Cant manage!!
Previous  1  2

sped

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 5:31 am
Can you get help? My friend whose baby was like that says that looking back, she regrets not asking for help. Baby's crying doesn't bother others as much as it bothers you.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 6:08 am
I had two babies who just screamt , both of them I took to the doctor countless times and nothing was wrong, some babies just cry... It can actually make you mad!
Only suggestion is that you get extra help to keep your sanity!
Good luck op, I hope things settle quickly!

amother
White

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 7:41 am
You sound like me a few months ago!!!! I felt like I was constantly running up a down escalator!
The screaming just wears you out - it's so hard to deal with!

In my case I'm pretty sure it was mild reflux because when I started dealing with it as though it was reflux, things definitely improved.... Something must be bothering her, it's just a question of figuring out what and that is not so simple! I wish I could be more helpful!

hang in there!!

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 9:43 pm
Hi OP,

I'm sorry things are so tough for you right now. I hope I can be helpful and expand a bit on some suggestions that I already saw on previous posts: With regard to baby carriers, I definitely needed to try a few different ones until my baby was happy with one. You could try a ring sling or pouch sling, Mei Tei or just a simple wrap. If you live in the NY/NJ area, there is a shop called Wrap Me Tender (www.wrapmetender.com) in Butler, NJ and she does in-home consultations. She will help you find the baby carrier best suited for you and your baby and teach you how to wear it. I bought a ring sling from her and have been very happy with it.

With regard to formulas, I had to go through a few formulas to find the right one for her: She tried Similac Sensitive (no lactose), Similac Soy, Gentlease (reduced lactose - BTW, it smells unpleasant and I think my baby did not like the taste), Similac Sensitive for Spit-Up (made with rice starch) and she finally seemed to feel better with Similac Total Comfort which is made with whey protein hydrolysate as opposed to straight milk protein.

Do you think sleeping with her would help calm her? (If so, just take the necessary safety precautions, e.g., bed rails, mattress on floor, sparse pillows/blankets on mattress).

cbg

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 9:49 pm
Have you tried chamomile tea?
It seems to soothe colicky babies.
Doesn't hurt to try

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 10:18 pm
Op here..it was REALLY nice and appreciated all of you who took the time to try and help. I will try other formulas and wraps and see what happens. Thanks all!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics