Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Sending in order to grocery.. Lakewood
1  2  Next

gr8 mom

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 8:07 am
Im thinking of trying to send in order to grocery to be delivered but have never done it yet.. Which is better to order from gourmet glatt or seasons.. Do I have to write down every last detail for each item.. any other tips..?

sky

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 8:55 am
I just ordered from Seasons for delivery for the first time (90% sale items) and was very happy. Never ordered from Gourmet Glatt. It pays to first look over the sale items (check out watsonsale.com) so you can specify specific brands if they are on sale.

List quantity, size, number, brand, etc - anything that is important to you. Sometimes I'll write to take the cheapest brand. Some stores I've found certain issues with produce so I'll specify exactly what I'm looking for "10 plum tomatoes - red - not soft". The more details you include the safer it is.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 9:04 am
EZKosher.com has a promotion now offering $50 off $100. Enter your zip code and see what stores deliver in your neighborhood.... It's definitely worth a try!
Promo code HAPPY50

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 9:34 am
Another vote for seasons! They are so pleasant to deal with and I plan my menu around the sale items and u find that I'm spending less than the other "cheaper" groceries.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 10:19 am
I'm happy with gourmet glatt just make sure to write specific company especially if you want Heimish hechsher

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 10:21 am
Do seasons and gourmet Glatt do free delivery? What is the minimum that needs to be spent?

SS6099

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 10:22 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
EZKosher.com has a promotion now offering $50 off $100. Enter your zip code and see what stores deliver in your neighborhood.... It's definitely worth a try!
Promo code HAPPY50

Thanks for sharing this but they are not in Lakewood yet Sad

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 10:31 am
I do my orders thru superstop (on river ave) almost every week and very happy with them! They are so friendly and call you if they dont understand something on your list and if theyre out of it if you want something else (another company....)
They also have a 10% rebate program so you really end up saving in the long run....

sky

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 10:47 am
Seasons will deliver for 5 cents for orders over $50. Order under $50 are $5 delivery fee.

The sale items at Season are mostly a good deal. Everything else did come out more than some other stores that don't do delivery. I find this true with many stores I use for delivery. But I"m paying for the convenience with the overcharges.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 10:48 am
sky wrote:
Seasons will deliver for 5 cents for orders over $50. Order under $50 are $5 delivery fee.

The sale items at Season are mostly a good deal. Everything else did come out more than some other stores that don't do delivery. I find this true with many stores I use for delivery. But I"m paying for the convenience with the overcharges.

5 cents? That's strange. Why don't they do it free? Not that I mind paying 5 cents but I'm wondering why they do that.

gr8 mom

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 10:48 am
Whats the best way to place the order u call it in or email fax...? And about how long does it take after that?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 10:55 am
In superstop or seasons?

amother
Floralwhite

In superstop or seasons?

gr8 mom

Seasons

sky

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 11:18 am
amother wrote:
5 cents? That's strange. Why don't they do it free? Not that I mind paying 5 cents but I'm wondering why they do that.

I don't know. On the receipt it is a $5.00 charge with a $4.95 coupon. don't know why they do it.

Personally I like typing up my order, saving, and e-mailing so I have it from week to week.
But if you right it on paper its probably easier to fax.
I doubt it makes a difference.

gr8 mom

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 11:22 am
K thanks I emailed my order and ill see how it works out maybe this will b my new way of shopping .. I hate grocery shopping especially with my toddler standing up in the wagon a whole time! Thanks for all your help!

lkwdmommy

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 1:23 pm
amother wrote:

I think they need to enter a delivery charge to be able to print labels. So they do a negligible amount. (NPGS Jackson charges 1 cent for $180+ and that is the reason. But they don't do phone orders.)

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 1:35 pm
I order from kosher village. Not always the best prices but the service is good and if you keep your credit card on file they give you an 8% discount on your orders.

With most of these stores you can either email your shopping list (or fax) but they also have a website now so you can just check out as you would shop on any other website.

I've also ordered from farm fresh - they have decent prices and very good service.

It's the way to shop in lakewood these days LOL

I think you should try out the stores you have been to and are used to.

sky

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 1:45 pm
I love ordering from Farm Fresh for their chicken and meat sales - especially the prepared (breaded\marinated) stuff, its amazing prices. And their sales are really good.
But like all stores that do deliveries regular price is high.

You also have to be able to take mixups with some bit of humor - because it happens - and can sometimes be expensive.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 2:13 pm
Are you afraid to order chicken and meat in the summer?

Kosher West advertises that they have refrigerated trucks. I wonder if anyone else does?
But even so, I don't know how long the order sits around until it goes into the truck.

I know if I order frozen veg they are usually defrosted.

I do make sure to write "Please pack all refrigerated and frozen items in one box" - not that they always listen...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics