Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
S/O clothing on the beach

greenfire

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 11:18 am
Chayalle wrote:
If there's one thing I learned on imamother it's that different people have different standards. It's our job not to judge, but just to stick to our own standards and work on ourselves.

So you and your daughters swim only covered up? Guess what, I could see someone write the following post on imamother: I was on vacation and there was this obviously frum woman and her daughters swimming in the pool at the hotel. Could you imagine? Yeah, they were all wearing coverups, but it was not a pool with a mechitza or separate swimming hours.....any man could've passed by and seen them. Does she have no standards? What's wrong with her?

So you are fine with swimming in a public pool as long as you are covered. Others are not. This woman was fine with the way she was dressed while hanging out at the pool while men were swimming. You aren't okay with that. There are always gonna be people with different standards. If your husband and son were not okay with the woman being there dressed as she was, they should've left the pool area.

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....53564

inspired by this post as well as swimming on the beach

so my wonder is not so much that women come in their bathing dresses ... but that men come in their clothing ... white shirt black pants

despite me wearing a bathing suit [don't judge I grew up on the beach], I weirdly feel what are these frum men doing on the beach fully clothed - not that I want them to get into their bathing suits - I just don't want them to be there

I don't much care about other people - because I am there for the water and nobody else ... I am not looking at them / they are not looking at me

is this a warped way of thinking - hypocritical ?

greenfire

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 2:31 pm
so much for spin-offs - I will go post this in the tznius thread

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 2:40 pm
I lap swim 3 days a week at public pool. Sometimes it's mixed sometimes it isn't. I swim in a swim suit made for lap swimming and lowered resistance. I do not have a models body, I have rolls and flab and before I enter the pool I wear along terry robe. Lap swimmers, men or women aren't looking at you. They are swimming their laps.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 2:52 pm
My DH goes to a gym that has mixed and separate swimming. A frum women swimming during the mixed session told dh to get out of the pool cuz its not tznuis, she was swimming. DH told her she can swim anyway, because there isnt any chance of sin.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 3:11 pm
I want to add that on hot days like today I'll go to the outdoor pool to cool off. I will wear shorts (quick dry) and a rash guard with a sports bra. I cover up with a long cotton robe similar to a thawb. The place is filled with kids, no one has any interest in a fat lady standing inside the pool reading a book.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 3:17 pm
I just don't want them to be there

is this a warped way of thinking - hypocritical ?[/quote]u

Excuse Me!!!
You are sitting there the way your comfortable,,,,,,, asking everyone not to judge you,
Don't judge others.......

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 3:38 pm
amother wrote:
My DH goes to a gym that has mixed and separate swimming. A frum women swimming during the mixed session told dh to get out of the pool cuz its not tznuis, she was swimming. DH told her she can swim anyway, because there isnt any chance of sin.

That's a chutzpah. She went to a mixed swimming pool During mixed hours and asked your husband to get out?

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 4:17 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
That's a chutzpah. She went to a mixed swimming pool During mixed hours and asked your husband to get out?

Oh my goodness, that was me! I thought it was the women's only time period and he was in the wrong. Why didn't he just correct me??

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 5:16 pm
amother wrote:
Oh my goodness, that was me! I thought it was the women's only time period and he was in the wrong. Why didn't he just correct me??

Sorry it wasnt you. There were other men in the pool, dh looks frum.

They also announce when the session is over.

She felt like she can swim with men, because she wont sin. She was concerned in some sick way that my dh may sin.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 5:18 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry it wasnt you. There were other men in the pool, dh looks frum.

They also announce when the session is over.

She felt like she can swim with men, because she wont sin. She was concerned in some sick way that my dh may sin.

I can't even begin to wrap my head around that logic. Wonder what the rationale in her mind.

sequoia

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 5:30 pm
My landlady, who is old-world Euro yeshivish, goes to the gym/swimming pool every day. She views it as exercise, I guess.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 5:44 pm
sequoia wrote:
My landlady, who is old-world Euro yeshivish, goes to the gym/swimming pool every day. She views it as exercise, I guess.

swimxercise, embodied by nature, one with god
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions