Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
HELP! I burnt my hands on hot pepper!

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 9:25 am
I made matbucha for Shabbos and decided to throw in a hot pepper or two for some added sharpness. My hands have been killing me ever since and I'm going out of my mind. I looked online for tips and there are plenty, but most of them have comments saying they don't work. The only one I saw that everyone raved about is mixing hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, but I happen not to have peroxide in my house right now. I tried rubbing alcohol followed by dish soup with no results at all. Help! Please share anything that worked for you asap!

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 9:31 am
My family loves jalapeno dip, and I always wear gloves when handling the jalapenos. And don't ever touch your face if you got hot peppers on your hands. Said from experience.

Sorry, don't really know what helps other than washing well with soap, use a hand cream, and give it time to heal.....

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 9:33 am
I'm sorry, that really hurts! I had tried the tip that said pour some lime juice (I used lemon juice) over your hands and then rub with salt. I found it helped a little. By the end of the day I was feeling much better, so try to hang in there.
Good luck!

judys

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 10:25 am
BTDT...All I can say is good luck! Aint no fun. I also sat online vying for tips but nothing really helped. Time heals!

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 10:35 am
Alovera cream. Really works. When it happened to my sis in law we took a piece off the plant (was growing in her backyard) and rubbed it on her hands it really helped! Feel better!

anonymrs

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 10:38 am
My sister did this when handling jalapeno peppers. She called her dermatologist and he told her to put silverdine on it. It's like a real burn, believe it or not.

malky12

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 10:55 am
Alovera cream should help
raw blended potatoes may help as well

greenfire

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 11:01 am
soak your hands in milk/yogurt it soothes burns ... and don't touch your eyes or any other delicate body parts

malky12

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 11:19 am
any calcium rich food or cream

tf

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 1:43 pm
Cleanser, Ajax etc. Oh my goodness! ! ! DOES THAT BURN!!! Just touched a tiny bit by mistake.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 3:28 pm
Treat it like a regular burn! Grate raw potatoes and tie it around your hands in saran wrap. change it every hour. also, M.R. Skin cream is miraculous.

cbg

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 3:58 pm
I find raw egg whites to help a regular burn, maybe it helps here

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Jul 30 2016, 3:41 pm
Thanks for all the advice. I didn't have a chance to try them all before Shabbos, but I'm going to save them in case c"v there's a next time. Meanwhile, what ultimately helped was time. By the time I went to bed, my hands were completely better. I hope that never happens again, but just in case, I'm bookmarking this thread.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 11:37 pm
I got an advanced degree sun burn on my face about two months ago. I was in so much pain for a few days and had some sleepless nights. When my skin began to peel the pain improved.

Then, a few weeks later I got an advanced degree sun burn on my hand and ouch! I immediately went out and got a fresh aloe vera leaf- the thick long one. I cut a piece, rubbed it over the burnt area and b''h the pain went away. I had sleepful nights and the skin didn't peel!

Since then, I keep a fresh aloe plant leaf in my fridge.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 1:18 am
I know this sounds gross, but it really works... . Pee on your skin, urine really helps with burns, you could urinate in cup and soak hand in it, just don't tell anyone that's what you're doing Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen