Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Dreading tisha baav... Toy/entertainment ideas..

gr8 mom

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 10:32 pm
I know theres still some time but after this past fast im dreading tisha baav! I have 3 little ones 1 and 3 and 4 yr old.. Was gonna order some stuff online now for them to b busy with on tisha baav and hopefully make the fast easier for me cuz otherwise they attack eachother and I go nuts! 😉 so wondering if anyone has ideas of exciting toys I can buy or activities/coloring that they can do on their own and keep busy with.. And wheres best place to order from.. Was gonna look at amazon target walmart... I have magnatiles already and lego and clics...!!

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jul 28 2016, 11:07 pm
http://kidschitas.org/tisha-bav-camp

iammom

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 1:09 am
Is there a cost for this online tisha b'av camp? Also have you done it before? What kind of activities do they provide?

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 1:57 am
Here's more details about the online Tisha B'Av Camp:
http://eepurl.com/b_Ci7X

In short, it's free, and it has videos, stories, coloring, games, etc. It doesn't keep EVERY kid busy, but it can be a good distraction throughout the day!

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 5:30 am
Do you mind if your children make a mess?

If you can trust your kids not to eat it, then play dough is great for that age. You can make your own edible version if you think they might try to eat it.

Buy some bath crayons and let them scribble all over the tub and shower walls.

Make a sensory table with rice or beans and some cups and spoons. You can hide "treasures" for them to find.

Make licorice and Cheerios (or Fruit Loops) necklaces and then they can eat them as a snack.

Get Crayola Color Wonder finger paint and paper. It can be a little pricey unless you find it on sale, but it's worth it.

Sticker projects!

Are your kids imaginative? Can they put on a little play with costumes or puppets?

Books, books, and more books. Books on tape are even better so you can rest your voice.

Videos if you get desperate.

Prepare snack bags ahead of time so you're not dealing with food all day long.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 7:36 am
Instead of spending money on toys, you can spend it on help. Also, I don't think videos should be a last resort. It's a fast day, you need to do what you can to manage. One day of overdoing videos is not going to rot their brains.

Shuly

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 7:59 am
I trade toys with a friend for fast days. For example, one year I gave her magnatiles and I borrowed a fisher price garage from her. Our kids were so entertained with the "new" toys.

amother
White

Post Fri, Jul 29 2016, 8:18 am
amother wrote:
Instead of spending money on toys, you can spend it on help. Also, I don't think videos should be a last resort. It's a fast day, you need to do what you can to manage. One day of overdoing videos is not going to rot their brains.

Agree, hire help, have her make sandwiches, play with them , do crafts with them, etc. And let the help know they should clean after your boys, so that your not stuck after a fast cleaning up. Make a schedule of activities they should do. Also, I would make charts for the two older ones so they should cooperate. Videos and naps in the afternoon or on the list of activities.
Instead of crayons and markers, I would use colored chalk, just easier to clean if it accidentally gets on the walls.
Make sure who ever is taking care of them keeps them well hydrated.
You don't need her all day, you can hire her from 2 or 3 in the afternoon till the fast is over. Eleven yr olds are great for this, old enough to do it, too young to fast. Of course your around to keep an eye.

queenert

Post Sat, Jul 30 2016, 4:41 pm
I keep mentioning this blog because it's so good...they're all such low maintenance activities: http://handsonaswegrow.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics