Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Williamsburg/ Boro Park Hotels

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 12:04 am
Thinking of making a mini-vacation out of going to a wedding in Willi & stay in a hotel instead of driving home.

Any of you ladies stayed in one of the hotels & can tell me about them?

I'm editing this post to include Boro Park, since that could really also be an option for us. We did once stay at one of the hotels, or both, overnight. But if you've stayed in both BP and Willi can you compare them?

mitsvaandmitsva

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 1:17 am
There's condor and point plaza. There are home rentals. I'll bli neder ask my friend who's been to hotels and get back

mitsvaandmitsva

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 1:21 am
Heres a copy paste from an old postI've been at both. condor is fancier & smaller rooms, pointe plaza is a lot more spacious. they are both located in the new williamsburg area.

mitsvaandmitsva

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 1:25 am
Have you stayed at any of the hotels in Williamsburg? I am looking for a nice hotel near Manhattan, with frum conveniences like shuls and mikvaos nearby. I think there are a couple-- can you tell me about your experience?
Hug Post Like Post

Bleemee
Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 4:36 pm Report post
I see from a different thread that there's Condor and Pointe Plaza. What are they like?
Hug Post Like Post
celestial
Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 6:11 pm Report post
I've stayed in the Condor Hotel - my whole family did as well, for the days before my wedding. It's a really nice boutique hotel. My mom made me check it out before we made reservations, and this is my report to her:
The surrounding area is mostly the Chassidic neighborhood of Williamsburg. There is a big kosher grocery store around the corner with an ice cream parlor inside.( Ice cream parlor closed. Year 2014. There's another one on bedford and myrtle) There was a parking lot across the street, but it looked like a private one you would have to buy a spot in. It seemed like it might not be super easy to find parking, but probably in the general surrounding blocks there should be something. There are a few buses that are nearby.

Once inside, it gave the impression of being pretty small. But the decor was very nice, and it smelled and felt very clean, sanitary, and welcoming. The decorations were modern and they had cold lemonade at the front desk, and attentive and polite people behind the counter. There were a bunch of Chassidim in the lobby area, who seemed like they worked there or helped manage it somehow. When I told them I had family coming in who had reservations and that I wanted to check out the place, they quickly and happily accommodated me and immediately gave me a tour. They showed me an open handicapped room on the first floor first, and it was very clean and welcoming. The room was more narrow than your standard Marriot - it was sort of small, in fact, but seems perfectly manageable and comfortable. It had a decent sized bathroom with the amenities you would expect, and a decent sized closet. There was a small porch/patio as well with no furniture.

They then showed me the lounge and outdoor area, which were lovely (besides for some fake grass). Once again everything seemed very clean and orderly and efficient and pleasant.
Finally, I saw the dining room, which was in the basement where they serve breakfast. Still clean and orderly, everything was packed up but I could see where they had an omelette bar, lots of cereals, and space for what I would imagine is a pretty decent spread.

All in all, I think you and the other guests will be very comfortable there, and it passed by test.

Probably more info than you were expecting Smile Hope it helps.
Hug Post Like Post
Tzutzie
Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 6:55 pm Report post
I live in williamsburg so I don't think I'll ever get to visit these hotels... anyhow, as far as I know, the furnishings at Condor Hotel is a more modern style and Pointe Plaza Hotel has a shul on premesis and has bigger rooms... either way, enjoy your stay!
Hug Post Like Post

Mama Bear
Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 8:25 pm Report post
you can check out pictures at www.condorny.com and www.pointeplazahotel.com
Hug Post Like Post
Page 1 of 1

mitsvaandmitsva

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 1:26 am
Home rentals you want any part of Williamsburg? 157 wallabout . 188 Clymer (very small)

Culturedpearls

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 1:26 am
We stayed at condor. It's nice but the staff are completely clueless regarding anything Jewish. I could not get a negel vasser nor Sheitel head (both of which are standard in Boro Park).
No one could answer a kashrus question at breakfast & there was no mashgiach in site.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 1:41 am
I stayed in Pointe Plaza a few times for simchas and was impressed. Beautiful suites( kitchen included) and great service. A lot of tourists go there instead of staying in the city.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 9:01 am
I found Condor a bit claustrophobic, since the rooms were so small. But if you can get a corner room, I think they're a bit bigger, but probably pricier. Otherwise, service was great. Dh and I decided that we would try Pointe Plaze next time- maybe we'd feel comfortable in more spacious rooms.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 10:15 am
Condor probably caters to / attracts the non Jewish / hipster/ tourist crowd more than Pointe Plaza does, which does get a lot of Jewish clients.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 10:21 am
Dh and I were there for Shabbos, and it was an exclusively frum crowd.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 12:32 pm
Anyone else have anything to add?

In particular, if we're not Chassidish, do you think we'll be more comfortable in Boro Park, or is that all Chassidish too at this point?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries