Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Morning Opera

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 11:01 am
so there is this neighbor who sings opera on her balcony ... today it started at 7:00 am

I can't even tell you if it is good or not - because it is so very annoying - especially when I am otherwise trying to sleep

then I thought I would sing my own opera

debsey

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 12:56 pm
greenfire wrote:
so there is this neighbor who sings opera on her balcony ... today it started at 7:00 am

I can't even tell you if it is good or not - because it is so very annoying - especially when I am otherwise trying to sleep

then I thought I would sing my own opera

Ouch. Are you going to say something to her? I'd go nuts, especially if my alarm was set to go off half an hour later.

Two choices: Say something or invest in a really good quality noise machine!

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 2:07 pm
I grew up with a neighbor who sang opera outdoors, weather permitting. Our neighborhood kept generally accepted quiet hours of 9am to 9pm, so her timing wasn't an issue. I remember helping my mother hang laundry outdoors with the opera in the background.

Why not talk to her and explain that it's a bit early and establish a quiet time?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette