Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Bnos Malka-RBS

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 12:28 pm
We are looking into Bnos Malka for our daughters, but we do not have so much information.
Can someone answer a few of my questions?Is it considered Chareidi? How many girls in each grade? Do the kids get personal attention and in what language are they learning? is it fully hebrew or there is help if you don't know perfect hebrew? What is the tuition like? and the hours?
Thank you!

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 1:11 pm
It is considered charedi, but not your typical Israeli school, there are about 30 girls in each class, so definitely not small classes. The learning is all in hebrew, but most of the staff speaks english well, all of the emails they send out are in english and hebrew which is great for the parents that don't read hebrew well. I think they have an ulpan teacher to help new olim with the hebrew, but for an extra charge. The tuition is 650 per month for 12 months. School starts at 8 15, but each grade finishes at different times each day, the earliest is 1:15 and the latest 3, but there are options for afternoon programs and chugim all for extra charges. I hope that answers some of your questions. I have two girls in the school.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 3:54 pm
Thank you so much! that was so helpful!

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 4:32 pm
Happy to help, please feel free to ask more questions if and when you need to.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 3:08 am
Plz compare to other schools (magen avot, beis yaacov harama).

momaleh

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 4:06 am
For the chareidim, it's definitely NOT in the mold. It's maybe American chareidi, but not mainstream chareidi. For that you'd have to go to BY harama, depending on where in rbs you live, or the other BY. There is some crossover for those who've been unhappy in the standard BY. Even the comment abou email - BY doesn't send emails. They make you sign a statement whether or not you have a computer and why.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 4:12 am
What abt magen avot?

momaleh

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 4:42 am
Similar, at this point, probably slightly more left. Meaning, my take is that the bnos malka families are more into growth and no shtuyot, while the MA families are more chareidi lite - black hat and all, but not ready to give up on all their american stuff. this is of course a generalization, and I know many really amazing, growth-oriented families in MA. Most of them were there before BM opened, or want a larger, more established school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions