Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Easy Shabbos Sheva brachos dessert to be made in advance?

bmom1

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 12:44 am
Does anyone have an idea for an easy dessert for Shabbos day Sheva Brachos that can be made in advance? I'm going to be out of town before the Sheva brachos (my job is to bring dessert) so I would like to have everything done completely in advance, short of plating it. Recipes/pictures to accompany ideas would be extra helpful!!!

It needs to be without raw eggs and nut free.

Thank you so much in advance!!

busydev

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 1:13 am
I got the recipe from the person who made it for my shabbos Sheva brachos and always get rave reviews when I make this.

Ice cream cake

Crumb top:
Duncan Hines devil food cake mix
1/2 cup brown sugar
1.5 sticks of margarine

Mix all ingredients together in a 9x13 and bake for 15-20 min on 350 till it all melts together. Mix it and let cool and harden somewhat. Break into crumbs.

Ice cream:
2 whip toppings
1 vanilla and one chocolate cooking pudding (not instant)
2/3 cup milk alternative (coffee creamer or soy milk etc)

Whip one whip. Add one pudding and 1/3 cup milk alternative.
Put 1/3 of the crumbs on the bottoms of the 9x13. Pour one ice cream flavor on top. Freeze till hardening (doesn't have to be fully frozen.
Whip second whip. Add second pudding and 1/3 cup milk alternative.
Sprinkle 1/3 of the crumbs on top of the first layer of ice cream. Pour second ice cream layer and freeze till a little hard. Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top. Freeze.

(I sometimes make it over a few days. Find it easier to do one part at a time, but can also be done in one day with a bit of waiting. Its basically layer of crumbs, layer of chocolate ice cream, layer of crumbs, layer of vanilla ice cream, layer of crumbs. Looks pretty without much work needed and totally delish tho not the most healthy of ingredients...)

bmom1

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 1:24 am
Just to be sure I understand- I would use "cooking" pudding but I don't need to cook it, just need to mix it in? Thank you so much, it sounds delicious!!!

Frum

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 7:05 am
bmom1, this is the best and easiest choc mousse without eggs:

- 600 ml parve whip

- 350 grams (baking) chocolate

Heat the parve whip in a pot on the fire (no need for aubain marie) but without boiling. Divide the chocolate in small cubes and put in the pot. Stir until all chocolate is melted and incorporated in parve whip. Cool mixture in fridge. When cool, whip up like regular whipped cream. Divide into little cups. Serve with bit of whipped cream and some chocolate streusel on top.

Enjoy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics