Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
HELP!! Can't get rid of MRSA - 1.5 yr old
Previous  1  2

chevi1

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 10:49 am
Isnt mrsa a nosocomial infection , meaning it affects people who have been hospitalized for extended periods? How did all of you catch it?

nursemomma

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 11:14 am
chevi1 wrote:
Isnt mrsa a nosocomial infection , meaning it affects people who have been hospitalized for extended periods? How did all of you catch it?

Most cases of mrsa in children are community acquired. The bacteria can live in the nose of a healthy person, or it is caught in daycare centers, schools etc. Once there is an open wound, the bacteria can get in...

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 12:10 pm
I’m sorry for what you are all going thru.
My dh suffered from this all thru his teenage years. He went around to numerous doctors and went thru rounds and rounds of medication. He tried all their recommendations and nothing worked. After we got married It got out of hand with a few hospitalizations. I started doing a lot of research on MRSA to get to the bottom of it and bh he is cured now.
The first thing I did was try to get an understanding of what MRSA is. It is a staph infection that is Methicillin resistant. Meaning, a lot of times antibiotics wont work. (as proof from all amothers on this thread.)
Following is translation.
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is a bacterium that causes infections in different parts of the body. It's tougher to treat than most strains of staphylococcus aureus -- or staph -- because it's resistant to some commonly used antibiotics

Realizing that the medical establishment didn’t have a cure for him, I decided to check out a more natural approach. Now I am in n way against the medical world but I felt that since they didn’t have an answer for us, I figured the other way won’t hurt.

Mrsa is linked to yeast infections and some even consider it one. This infection needs to be cured from the inside. Topical creams/washes help but it does not cure. It is important so it shouldn’t spread more on the skin, but will come back if not cured from the inside.

The alternative dr. I used has passed on since, but following are a few things that helped. I did give some vit. And potions but I am not sure if I should mention which ones since it was custom advised for dh. It included pro biotics, chlorophyll, acidophilus, microblast and some more.

I was also told to cut out white sugar (and all unnatural substitutes) white flour, dairy products (pasteurized, gmo) (mrs. Gertners was fine) up vegetables, cut down animal protein to 1-2 portions a day. (we ate lots of beans, nuts, veg. etc)

Apple cider vinegar in bath,
Hydrogen peroxide in bath,
Microblast on body
Colloidal silver on body

But mainly you need to find a practitioner who will help you. You might need to try 1 or 2 different ones until you find one that works with you.

Now before you dismiss me as a natural quack, I want to clarify that I am far from that. But I am open to different options if medical doctors cannot provide me with a solution.

p.s. we did this as a couple effort. So I went on the same diet as dh. As a side bonus my yeast and fungus on my foot went away.

sushi galore

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 12:24 pm
chevi1 wrote:

One of the biggest and most common breeding places for the MRSA infection is swimming pools and mikvah. Mikvahs are not cleaned thoroughly.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 12:27 pm
amother wrote:
I’m sorry for what you are all going thru.
My dh suffered from this all thru his teenage years. ...

These are all excellent suggestions for anyone, even if you don't have an active MRSA infection. We all eat too much wheat, dairy, and sugar, and are prone to systemic yeast. Probiotics are a great idea, but that's just the start.

What we are now learning about the gut biome is amazing, and there is so much exciting research being done. I can't wait to see what comes next, as the studies are flying in so fast I can barely keep track.

I don't think there's anything new age or woo about this. We all know that if you pour Coca Cola in your car's gas tank, you're going to kill the engine. Then we put junk in our bodies, and wonder why we feel horrible. Every time I eat something I know I shouldn't, I feel awful afterwards, and I just want to smack myself. I know better!

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 12:28 pm
I soaked the spot every 3 hours in warmest water bearable mixed with apple cider vinigar. Then covered the area with some more plain apple cider vinigar and baking soda. The infected area was always covered and no towel was used twice to dry the area. We did give baths in bleached water. After a week everything was over. Tried and true method for all my friends who I recommened to treat it like that.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 12:40 pm
OP here,
Thanks for all the responses!

After the last time she had MRSA, we put Bactroban in her nose twice a day for a week and gave her bleach baths twice a week.

amother who posted natural method: Thank you for taking the time to post so much info. I actually completely agree with you. Being that this is the third time she's on antibiotics, I see that medical doctors can not help her. Most of the things that you mention, we are already doing. She does not eat white flour, dairy, and almost no animal protein. Also only very minimal amounts of sugar. She takes a very high dose of probiotics daily. We are using colloidal silver and manuka honey on her skin.

Doctor said that the bacteria 'sticks' to the skin. I was thinking of putting probiotics mixed with coconut oil directly onto her skin. Does that make any sense?

I'm at a loss.

Where do we go from here?

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 12:57 pm
amother wrote:
OP here,
Thanks for all the responses!

After the last time she had MRSA, we put Bactroban in her nose twice a day for a week and gave her bleach baths twice a week.

amother who posted natural method: Thank you for taking the time to post so much info. I actually completely agree with you. Being that this is the third time she's on antibiotics, I see that medical doctors can not help her. Most of the things that you mention, we are already doing. She does not eat white flour, dairy, and almost no animal protein. Also only very minimal amounts of sugar. She takes a very high dose of probiotics daily. We are using colloidal silver and manuka honey on her skin.

Doctor said that the bacteria 'sticks' to the skin. I was thinking of putting probiotics mixed with coconut oil directly onto her skin. Does that make any sense?

I'm at a loss.

Where do we go from here?

Topically following mixture also helped greatly , a mixture of natures cure miracle clay with colloidal silver and a little water (1 part of clay to 2 parts of liquid If I recall correctly, so for liquid I did half silver half water) I put it on affected area and put plastic on it (to prevent drying out). It was very effective in making pimples smaller. It sort of pulled out puss without me seeing it.

peroxide bath was also good. like 1 quart per bath.

studying_torah

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 1:04 pm
I have no experience with Mrsa, so please forgive my ignorance. Is it possible to trace the source of the infection, so your child can avoid getting reinvented?
Aside from bleach baths, maybe washing the shmattas and towels, linens et c with (color safe) bleach, can help.
Refuah shelaima! I hope u can eradicate it

amother
Black

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 1:25 pm
my daughter gets it every summer from the other children in the pool. How can I tell her not to go swimming in day camp. I right away put mupirocin on the pimple and do bleach baths.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 1:36 pm
amother wrote:
That sounds like naturopathic woo.

It doesn't hurt to try,
DONT STOP WHAT YOUR DR. SAID TO DO.
JUST put the honey on, what's the worse that can happen, it doesn't work.
Make sure it doesn't attract bugs though

Good quality hydrogen peroxide is also helpful in the bath and on a soaked cotton ball stuck on with a band aid

studying_torah

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 2:54 pm
One other question, how to you know your children have Mrsa? How would I know if my kids have it? I wish my ped would give the signs to look out for
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics