Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Making aliyah from Canada -- which movers? also...

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 8:43 am
Need someone who can pack glassware, paintings well. Any recommendations?
Who NOT to use?
Should we bring small appliances -- food processor, coffee grinder, rice cooker?

Is there a place to get proper voltage products in Canada and is it cheaper than buying in Israel?

Any other bits of advice or links are very welcome.

thank you!

Marion

Post Sat, Aug 06 2016, 2:03 pm
Are you in Toronto, Montreal, or somewhere else? I had a bad experience with Kef International; I'm not sure what the other options are. (My mom was referred to them at the 220v shop on Steeles.)

As above, there is a 220v appliance shop on Steeles Ave. W. in Toronto; not sure about other cities. Personally I would wait and buy when you arrive; you'll have it faster than if it comes in your lift (assuming you're not sending your lift 6 weeks before you fly). Also, for things like a washer/dryer/oven/stove it has to be installed (read: taken out of the box) by an authorized technician or you void your warranty. This is easier to arrange (and included in the price, usually) if you buy what you need here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions