Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Kitchen Science

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 9:32 pm
I feel like this is seriously cool & wanted to share with you all.

My top of my food processor was building up some seriously disgusting looking stuff inside the tube (there's a spring and it's what makes the connection to make it go). Potato grey stuff or mold, not sure which.

So, I put the thing into a bowl and poured in baking soda and vinegar! The foaming action really got a bunch out. Then I was able to see that I could insert a skewer and poked out a bunch more.

Finally I decided to change the bowl to water with dishwasher detergent, and I'm not even sure which was better. But it's actually starting to look clean.

I know, I have to explain why I'm anon, but who knows how many people I will share this with IRL. I'm just so excited. (And wondering how did Cuisinart expect people to get this clean, anyhow?)

zaq

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 5:58 pm
With an old toothbrush or a toothpick.

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Aug 06 2016, 10:38 pm
Maybe, but on mine there are areas you can't reach, even with a skewer (which is basically a long toothpick).

I am curious if others have this issue or maybe we just weren't very vigilant about trying to clean the inside.

I also have a Ninja blender I use for chocolate shakes, and a lot of parts are stained with cocoa and no way to get inside and get them clean, but at least it doesn't look like mold or potatoes turned grey!

Volunteer

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 12:47 am
Good for you, that you experimented and discovered a better way to clean the food processor. Before I moved into,an apartment with a good dishwasher, I was never able to get all the parts completely clean.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 12:53 am
Another experiment
Wd40 gets sticky stuff clean.
I used it to get tape residue of my kitchen cabinets after Pesach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry