Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Need info: Woman buried in PA who "adopted" sick children

relaxed

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 12:53 am
Hi,

Anyone remember the story that Ami printed a while back? It was about a Jewish woman who got a bracha from her Rebbe back in Europe that her children will be healthy and live long lives. She then came to America and settled in Pennsylvania. Soon people started noticing that her family never suffered like the other families did. Once a man came begging for her help to save his child because all the doctors had given up. Basically, she "adopted" his child and the child was saved. This happened numerous times with other children once word got out. There are many "adopted" children that were saved because of the bracha she got. Now people go to her kever. And the koach reportedly extends beyond the grave.

Problem is, I can't remember her name (maybe Chaya Sara?) or where she is buried. Does anyone have that info? Someone I know is very sick and I want to give this info over to her family.

Thanks so much, besuros tovos beH.

bfg

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 8:24 am
Her family name is Gottesman. Contact Ami office, they should be able to research the article for you.

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 8:28 am
I have a copy of this article. The kever is in Scranton PA but there's no address. It's the old Jewish cemetery (near Dalton) mentioned in the article.

relaxed

Post Mon, Aug 01 2016, 11:43 am
Thank you SO much, bfg and TTBPM!

May this be a marvelous zechus for you both beH. Very Happy

shanie5

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 12:14 am
Funny, my dd just sent me the article (shes had it for months, but kept forgetting to give it to me). If you want more info, pm me and I will give you Rabbi Fines number. He can give you more info. He is quoted in the article and is the one I heard the story from.
By the way, the article mentions people going to the kever, but doesn't say that the bracha carries on. I have no idea if it does or not.

relaxed

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 2:13 am
Thanks very much, shanie5!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics