Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
2 days of yom tov in eilat?

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 7:56 am
Do those in Israel who hold 1 day of Yom tov- also hold 1 day of yom tov in eilat or 2?
Also, is there a frum community in Eilat with their own shul?

doctorima

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 8:34 am
Eilat shuls: http://www.godaven.com/list.asp?City=Eilat

I've heard people mention 2 days of Yom Tov in Eilat, but practically speaking, I don't know what people do there. Probably best to ask your LOR.

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 9:49 am
Thanks!!!!

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 11:27 am
Im going to assume that people living in eilat keep one day. And of course there is a frum community in eilat.

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 12:46 pm
Did not mean to offend anyone from Eilat- Just the dumb American in me assuming it was a vacation town- kinda like- I know people live in Las Vegas, but you don't think of it like that. Ok now I am digging myself deeper- Not comparing Eilat to LV.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 12:49 pm
It's a good question. It is outside of Eretz Yisroel, but within Israel. There is a machlokes if produce from the south has kedushas shevi'is.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 12:54 pm
eema1 wrote:
Did not mean to offend anyone from Eilat- Just the dumb American in me assuming it was a vacation town- kinda like- I know people live in Las Vegas, but you don't think of it like that. Ok now I am digging myself deeper- Not comparing Eilat to LV.
nobody is offended Smile

gallie657

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 1:40 am
The Litvishe gedolim say it's outside of EY and you should keep 2 days there. The issue is that the minhag of the place is to keep one day. So you're going to be stuck.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 3:20 am
gallie657 wrote:
The Litvishe gedolim say it's outside of EY and you should keep 2 days there. The issue is that the minhag of the place is to keep one day. So you're going to be stuck.
rabbanim in israel?

DrMom

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 3:23 am
Iymnok wrote:
It's a good question. It is outside of Eretz Yisroel, but within Israel. There is a machlokes if produce from the south has kedushas shevi'is.

My son asked this question when he was learning about the halachot of shmita.

The fact that Eilat has a lot of tourism has no bearing on this. It's not just a strip of hotels; there are people living there all year round.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 3:27 am
rav ovadia yosef says to keep one day. just pointing that out.
and there are permanent communities there, religious ones. I am sure they keep one day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions