Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Nachlaot vs Baka

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 12:10 am
We've been thinking about making aliya for a long time, and decided we would like to settle in Nachlaot.

However, finding an apartment there has proven to be a bit challenging. We just received an excellent offer in Baka.

My question is, how does Baka compare to Nachlaot? I'm artistic, educated, a bit of a hippy, and so is DH - basically, knowing the community in Nachlaot, we would probably feel at home there.

What is the Baka community like? Would we find our place there? Is it worth taking a good offer there or should we continue our search in Nachlaot?

Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!

EBY

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 2:52 am
I have never lived in Nachlaot but I know Baka pretty well. The community there is so diverse you can probably find what you are looking for. If you like artsy, hippy, out of the box, you should definitely try davening at Yakar in Katamon. It is well worth the walk from Baka. Nachlaot apartments tend to be weird layouts and very expensive. Baka has more normal apartments and the rent is cheaper, though by no means cheap. Baka has some nice parks and convenient shopping (though of course nothing compares to the shuk...)

essie14

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 4:55 am
Along what EBY said - Nachlaot has the shuk nearby but I find the crowdedness of it to be very stifling. You can't drive up right to your building and you won't have much sunlight in most apartments. Baka has more standard apartments and I think it has a good mix of people.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions