Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Looking back: Children of one gender

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 12:11 pm
Do you have a family with children all of one gender?

Which gender? How many?

Do you feel like you've missed out?

mommy100

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 12:13 pm
got three boys ages 10, 3.5, and 1.5 still hope to have a girl one day Smile

Teomima

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 12:16 pm
Three girls. I was a little disappointed when I found out my youngest was another girl because, due to certain reasons beyond my control, she may likely be my last, but I am beyond blessed to have three magnificent daughters who are truly wonderful sisters to each other.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 12:20 pm
I have 3 boys. I'm planning on 2-3 more children iyh, and yeah, I hope one of them will be a girl, but it's not like it's up to me. So if I never have a girl, I guess I will have missed out, but it's kind of silly to think of it that way. If I never try skydiving, that is something I would have missed out on, because I can choose to change to experience that at any time. I can't choose to have a girl (at least not in any natural way) so I can't miss out or blame myself if it doesn't happen. I'm not going to have 15 children in pursuit of having a girl either. It is what it is and it will be what it will be.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 12:33 pm
2 sons. Very Happy Very Happy
Would have loved to have a girl, it just didn't happen. Sad
But now I have granddaughters. Lady Lady

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 12:42 pm
I had 4 boys first and then 2 girls. I definitely would have missed out on a lot without my girls. New world...

Marion

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 12:51 pm
I have four boys and will not be having more children. Sometimes I'd like a girl but right now my two little ones still like to cuddle... Luckily I have a niece so I have an excuse to buy pink (or not pink) frilly stuff occasionally!

Chayalle

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 1:11 pm
I have three girls B"AH. I would love to have another child but due to IF it's complicated, and I'm running out of time. I would be perfectly thrilled with another girl. I feel so grateful to have my children, that the gender is not a big deal for me.

I know my DH would love to have a boy though he'd take another girl too....I think for fathers, they feel like there are aspects they are missing.

We raised a foster son for three years, so I didn't miss out on the toddler boy stage. We had him from age 1-4 1/2.....

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 1:16 pm
amother wrote:
Do you have a family with children all of one gender?

Which gender? How many?

Do you feel like you've missed out?

I have three daughters and feel very blessed.

chicco

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 1:32 pm
I don't think we should feel like we missed out with circumstances we can't control. I can understand the disappointment that can come from not being able to experience something that may have been special for you, but even that I think can be mitigated so much by not just being grateful for what you have, but recognizing that what you don't have isn't necessarily something that you didn't get, but rather what you got is exactly what's good for you to have. I apologize if I'm not making sense. Bottom line, I totally hear you, but I think dwelling on it will make you miss out far more on what you do have, rather than missing out on what you do not.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 1:53 pm
I have three boys, and I really long for a daughter. I wanted my first to be a girl. (And my second and third.) that being said, my boys are my world, but I hope to have at least two or three more children. I hope that at least one will be a girl. If not, I'll love them just the same.

chica

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 4:57 pm
I have 3 boys. I don't know what I would do with a girl Very Happy No desire for a girl at all. (In fact it scares me!)

DH wants one to fulfill the mitzvah though...

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 12:14 am
I have six girls. I am very happy with having all girls. The only reasons I would want a boy would be 1) for my husband to fulfill the mitzvah and 2) to name after a close relative of ours that passed away. But if we end up with another girl, I would be... Relieved. (But happy for my husband. VERY happy.)

I wouldn't know how to raise a boy. As my friends' boys grow older, I am more and more thankful not to have boys. It just seems really complicated and scary to me, raising boys.

I can relate to my girls, and we have so much fun together. They love having each other to play with all day (of course there are fights too!). They have friends in school, but a lot of their social needs are filled by having so many sisters. It is fun to watch.

This is MY perspective on having all girls. Now my husband is a different story... Smile

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 10:53 am
So far I have 4 girls, expecting baby #5 so we'll have to wait and see. At this point I don't feel like I missed out at all by not having a boy. But then again I hope to have a few more I"YH so it's hard to say how I'll feel down the line if I never have a boy. Mostly I hope for a boy for my husband's sake. I feel like I have such a close relationship with my girls and that as they get older they won't have that same closeness with my husband. I feel like it would be nice for him to have a son to do stuff/bond with, etc. Especially since he comes from a mostly girls family I think he would really like to have a son.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics