Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Dr. Sarno/R' Katz's self healing method
Previous  1  2  3  Next

penguin

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 2:05 pm
In EY I believe you can get tapes in English, Hebrew or Yiddish from Gitty Goldberg (she is R Shlomo Feivel Schustal's daughter).

Sherri

Post Wed, Jun 25 2014, 2:09 pm
If someone has headaches, for example, how can one be sure that they are from stress and not physical reasons? Seeing a doctor? I don't know that something like that is ever known for sure.

Sounds very interesting.

git

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 10:05 pm
Bumping this up. Someone just mentioned to me about Rabbi Katz. I would love to get his contact number for his lectures. Thanks!

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Apr 10 2016, 11:17 pm
saw an ad in Binah magazine, confrence call on dr Sarno's method weekly

Last edited by Sunny Days on Thu, Jul 26 2018, 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total

git

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 12:26 am
I will look into that too. Thanks!
I found Rabbi Katz's number on a different thread here. I hope it works.

git

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 11:23 am
If anyone has more information on either Rabbi Katz (I'm not sure I have the correct number) or Raindrops, I didn't see thier ad, please let me know. Thanks!

behappysk

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 2:42 pm
718-232-2741 this is the phone number for Katz

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Apr 11 2016, 8:56 pm
646-647-4451
646-715-3800, pin: 487726#

Last edited by Sunny Days on Thu, Jul 26 2018, 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total

git

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 12:46 am
Behappysk and 2GN, thanks so much for the information!

thanks

Post Tue, Apr 12 2016, 2:03 am
Mrs.K wrote:
A relative gave me Dr. Sarno's book years ago during a very difficult pregnancy. I agree that it's interesting, and certainly contains valid points, and I think it's worth a read. HOWEVER, sometimes it's just not going to work as much as you want to push it on someone. For example, as much as this relative told me it was "all in my head", it most definitely was not.

It can be very frustrating when someone has a legitimate medical issue, be it something natural like morning sickness or Ch'vs something more serious, and to have a well-meaning friend or relative try to push this on you and therefore not take you seriously.

Dr. Sarno does not say "it's all in your head". He defines the condition TMS, where the brain causes oxygen deprivation, resulting in pain. He has done many studies to confirm that certain diagnosis (see his book) are not the cause of pain.

Dr. Sarno did not see patients in his medical practice in NYU unless they had an MRI and/or other tests to confirm the diagnosis and rule out other medical conditions. It is dangerous to assume the pain is caused by TMS without first seeking medical attention.

"Self healing" is a misnomer. There are medical professionals as well as therapists that are trained in treating patients with TMS. You can get helped.

His studies and theories cannot be explained in a few sentences. I just wrote this post since his theory is often misrepresented.

mama fishy

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 2:21 pm
Does anyone know how to get ahold of rabbi KatZ?

behappysk

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 2:51 pm
Phone # is a few posts earlier

mama fishy

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 10:28 pm
Thank you so much!

sbmom

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 10:31 pm
Dr. Sarno's book was very helpful in reducing my ds's severe heartburn due to being bullied

Chavroni

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 3:41 pm
Does someone have Rabbi Katz' little card with the pizmon, he gives out? I'd love a copy.

penguin

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 8:17 pm
Dr. Sarno says that if you have multiple symptoms (or one goes away but another replaces it) you may be one of the approx 10% of patients that get the idea but need more extensive treatment such as psychotherapy.

I'd like to know if anyone here has successfully worked with a therapist to use Dr. Sarno's method.

strawberry cola

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 8:09 pm
does anyone have the wording of the pizmon?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 8:36 pm
I consider myself to be a very rational person, and the first few chapters into Dr. Sarno's back book, I wanted to throw it out the window. I really wanted to hate it. After a few more chapters, he got me at least interested, and by the end of the book I was convinced.

My back pain has reduced by over 80%, and I've been able to switch from daily Codeine to an occasional Naproxyn as needed.

It's not that it's "all in your head", meaning that you are a drama queen. It's that your body sends signals to your brain, and your brain sends signals back to your body. Stress can make those signals more intense, creating headaches, muscle aches, and other issues. It's a chicken and the egg problem, really.

The thing is, it doesn't matter which came first. What matters is learning the techniques to find your triggers, break the cycle, and reframe the issue.

I don't believe it can cure everything. I think you need to listen to your doctor, run it through a "Sarno filter", and come up with an integrated treatment plan that meets your needs spiritually, emotionally, and physically.

ddmom

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 7:13 pm
Does someone know somebody who can explain sarno in lakewood? I think I understood the message( I'm in the middle of reading the book for migraines!)
But practically speaking how do you go about it?
And once you know what triggers it how do you stop it?
Or just knowing why is enough?
I'm so confused! Please help.

thanks

Post Thu, Jun 27 2019, 7:28 pm
Meir Atkins 9082270424
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics