Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Info on passaic/clifton please!!

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 9:40 pm
Lots of threads mention that tuition is about 10,000 per child. Does YKP give breaks to kollel families and approx how much?
I know passaic from years ago, but its expanded a lot. Do frum people live around patricia place, lehigh, belmont, lenox? how far out on the other side of main - between which blocks? on the other side of the park - all the way down van houten - which blocks?
Is clifton/patricia place mainly Hillel families? would my children have friends there if they go to YKP?

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 12:27 am
They do give breaks, but I don't know how much or how easy it is to get the break. Frum people are definitely moving out into those areas. I live on Brook Avenue, so I don't know that area so well. I think there are YKP families in those areas too.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 2:05 pm
Hi, I would love to try to help you out. YKP does give tuition breaks. I hear that the majority (over 50%) of families that send to YKP receive some sort of tuition break.
There are many frum families living in the Patricia area and the streets close to it (Lenox, Belmont, Lehigh). It is a rapidly growing area and there are a mix of YKP and Hillel familes, though there are no Kollel familes. It is really an area where one or both parents are working. I would be happy to answer any more questions. Good Luck!

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 6:16 pm
Passaic frum community is expanding in all directions, and there is no area that can be called specifically yeshivish or modern, YKP or Hillel. Most blocks have a mix, and there is a nice atmosphere in town, generally.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 7:59 pm
Ykp definitely gives breaks. In Ykp your kids will have friends anywhere since it's the big school here but that area is more of a working crowd and I don't know any kollel families living in that area. Kollel families tend to live in Passaic closer to the yeshivas or Clifton on the 'other side of main.'
There are good frum realtors in town that know the different areas let me know if you need contact info.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 8:07 pm
I agree with the previous posters. There are A LOT of frum families there. There are a lot of very nice women there. They are working people though (which isn't a bad thing, my husband is also), I don't know of even 1 kollel family. On Patricia place there are people who send to all three schools. Your kids would have friends in YKP but you would be the odd one as a kollel family. It's a mix of types but I don't really see it. If you do move there then I would recommend either davening at Rabbi Schwab or walking, I don't see you at beis shalom. I would strongly suggest you look for a house either "on the other side of main" or near the yeshiva. I'm just being honest.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 8:20 pm
You may want to consider which shuls you are comfortable with, and how far your husband wants to walk to daven in the makom he wants. There is an alumni minyan for the yeshiva, for example, that would be a really long walk from Patricia Place. You will find kids from ykp in every part of town.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating