Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Refrigerator recommendation

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 8:28 pm
If you had around a $3000 budget for a fridge, which one would you get and why?

I love some of the Samsungs but they don't have sabbath mode. The Kitchenaids do, and look great, but their reviews aren't as good. The Frididaire gallery is beautiful and priced right, but it's reviews are terrible. GE... I'm neither here nor there.

WWYB?

thanks

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 8:40 pm
I have the Frigidaire full fridge and full freezer. It's counter depth, and I really like that it is not deep. Plenty of room, and shabbos mode too.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 9:19 pm
Frigidaire very inferior quality my neighbor has a fairly new one and had to take out insurance

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 9:21 pm
Amana Samsung sub zero very hi. They came out with a zman switch and magnets for shabbos

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 9:25 pm
Frigidaire actually excells at freezers, refrigerators and air conditioners. I do not recommend their other appliances.
We have their french door refrigerator with ice maker within the bottom freezer drawer. It has shabbos mode. We are very happy with it bh.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 6:37 am
I have a Frigidaire freezer that I love and has excellent reviews, but their newer fridges just don't seem to be of the same quality.

ra_mom, can you link the one you have?

I'm looking for a french door model, as large capacity as possible.

Subzero is out of my price range.

Regarding the magnets, has anyone used them without issue for years? I'm worried about the long term use of magnet hacks on a fridge, as well as performance over a 3 day yom tov.

The Kitchenaid really has everything I'm looking for, and the good reviews are glowing, but the bad reviews are downright scary, especially if I'm investing that kind of money and want it to hold up over 10 years at least.

Pita

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 12:52 pm
Same question, but with a $1500 budget.

Miri7

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 1:28 pm
What are the magnets people are referencing?

Pita

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 2:20 pm
How is Samsung?

HealthCoach

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 12:35 pm
I also want to know about samsung. I'm between a samsung and whirlpool, both need magnets. Can anyone comment on quality of each?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen