Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Jackson garbage, recycling and other daily living tips
Previous  1  2

sahmof5

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 6:25 pm
Okay, now I get what you mean re: 'location' , :-)
I happen to have a 30 gallon can with wheels, which is great. We also have one without wheels, which is a pain to carry when full...

Lakewood Township sure does spoil with its trash pickup! Bulk pickup every month (if scheduled) ! Weekly recycling pickup! A few leaf pickups a season! But to me, the privacy perks in Jackson outweigh the lakewood garbage - pickup - perks...

Signed,
Loving it here

sahmof5

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 6:37 pm
Re: mowing, we happen to have our own equipment. But it takes so much time to mow these big properties! (we have about an acre, it takes about two hours to cover the whole thing with a mower) So if you have a quote for 30 / week, I'd say grab it.

As for a pool, we don't have one, so I'm not much help there. Good luck and enjoy!!

sky

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 7:55 pm
$30\week for a large lawn is an amazing price.

L K

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 9:00 pm
We have a little more than 1/2 acre, aside from the house part is taken up by large deck and pool. It would take less time to do it. I'm just shocked at how these unexpected expenses add up.

L K

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 9:37 pm
sahmof5 wrote:
Okay, now I get what you mean re: 'location' , :-)
I happen to have a 30 gallon can with wheels, which is great. We also have one without wheels, which is a pain to carry when full...

Lakewood Township sure does spoil with its trash pickup! Bulk pickup every month (if scheduled) ! Weekly recycling pickup! A few leaf pickups a season! But to me, the privacy perks in Jackson outweigh the lakewood garbage - pickup - perks...

Signed,
Loving it here

I totally hear you re. privacy.
It is beautiful there too, with the yards and nature.

I'm concerned about loneliness though.
I don't have family or friends here, and going to shiurim doesn't really bring friends because it seems to be a "come and go" thing.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 4:28 pm
$30 for mowing sounds amazing! dont worry about being lonely, if you wanna make friends there are plenty people around that you can visit.....it's a very friendly neighborhood.
lots of luck!

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 4:29 pm
forgot about the pool - we use pool docs. good luck & enjoy!! in jackson there is quality to living. just wonderful.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 2:12 pm
And, of course, pool owners have lots of friends - especially in the summer Wink

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 6:27 pm
should have known this would come up (not OP) - is there a Friday night mikva anywhere walkable?

Lotti

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 11:07 pm
Where in jackson are you?

sky

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 9:23 am
yeah, Jackson is huge (the largest townships in Ocean County), you could be near Westgate or you could be near the co-op or somewhere else entirely.

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 10:50 am
brewer's bridge area

Chayalle

Post Fri, Nov 18 2016, 10:56 am
I don't know of any Shabbos Mikva in Jackson. I have two siblings living in Jackson and AFAIK, based on their locations, the closest are - Rabbi Perl's shul on Buckwald for those in Brookwood/Pawnee area, or Westgate for the other side of Jackson...neither are very close....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics