Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Cake recipe that will use up a box of vanilla pudding mix?

kidhugger

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 4:28 pm
I have a container of vanilla pudding mix. Does anyone have an easy, pareve, no separating eggs, no margarine recipe that they can please post?
Also, does anyone know if you can make vanilla pudding with rice milk?

Thanks ladies for all the amazing recipes. My best ones are from here!

greenfire

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 4:35 pm
cook the pudding & put in a graham cracker crust - decorate with some fresh berries ~ voila

bigsis144

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 5:25 pm
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....split

^^ recipe above is amazing! It only makes an 8x8 with 1/2 a package of instant pudding, so double it and make a 9x13. SO DELICIOUS. I won 3rd place in a shul baking contest with it Very Happy

Last edited by bigsis144 on Tue, Aug 09 2016, 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 5:25 pm
Amaretto cake
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....art=0

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 6:45 pm
This is a cake mix Doctor type of cake. Ridiculously easy and the pineapple and orange make it taste more homemade.

PINEAPPLE LAYER CAKE

PREP: 15 MIN. • BAKE: 25 MIN. + COOLING • MAKES: 12 SERVINGS

1package yellow cake mix (regular size)
1can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
1can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
1package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
1package (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed

1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Beat in oranges until blended. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.

2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans to wire racks to cool completely.

3. Combine pineapple and dry pudding mix; fold in whipped topping. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator.”

Excerpt From: Editors of Taste of Home. “Taste of Home Cake Mix Creations.” Readers Digest. iBooks.

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 09 2016, 6:48 pm
Here's another cake mix Doctor recipe. Orange cake mix is hard to find so you could improvise with vanilla cake and orange extract

ORANGE CHOCOLATE CAKE

PREP: 20 MIN. • BAKE: 1 HOUR + COOLING • MAKES: 16-20 SERVINGS

1package orange cake mix (regular size)
5eggs
1cup orange juice or water
1teaspoon orange extract, optional
1/2cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2cup chopped walnuts or pecans
3/4cup chocolate syrup

1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, eggs, juice, pudding mix and extract if desired until well blended and smooth. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Pour two-thirds of batter into pan. Combine the chocolate syrup with remaining batter; pour into pan.

2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes

losingweight

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 12:01 am
I have somewhere a chocolate chip cookie that has vanilla pudding. The kids loved them! Maybe Google for a recipe?

kidhugger

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 12:14 am
Thanks so much everyone for these amazing ideas!
If you find the cookies recipe that would be amazing!

losingweight

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 12:57 am
Sorry I don't know how to post a link. Google choco chip cookie with vanilla pudding and you'll get your recipe.

ludicrous

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 1:33 am
amaretto cake, chocolate chip cookies with vanilla pudding. people also make blintzes and the filling has vanilla pudding in it

mochacoffee

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 8:38 am
Miriam Pascal's cookbook Something Sweet has a few bundt cake recipes with vanilla pudding. I tried them all, they're all fantastic. Especially her vanilla bundt cake recipe. I know she's asked that her recipes not be posted online so I'm not going to post, but if you have that cookbook, look up the bundt cakes.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 9:11 am
The B'nos Zion of Bobov cookbook has a recipe for pudding mix chocolate chip cookies.
I think they taste store bought, but they are chewy.

anotherima

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 5:46 pm
Amarante wrote:
Here's another cake mix Doctor recipe. Orange cake mix is hard to find so you could improvise with vanilla cake and orange extract

ORANGE CHOCOLATE CAKE

PREP: 20 MIN. • BAKE: 1 HOUR + COOLING • MAKES: 16-20 SERVINGS

1package orange cake mix (regular size)
5eggs
1cup orange juice or water
1teaspoon orange extract, optional
1/2cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2cup chopped walnuts or pecans
3/4cup chocolate syrup

1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, eggs, juice, pudding mix and extract if desired until well blended and smooth. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Pour two-thirds of batter into pan. Combine the chocolate syrup with remaining batter; pour into pan.

2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes

ANYONE MAKE THIS? When I took it out of the bundt pan the choc chips stuck to the bottom. Am I doing it right?

mha3484

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 5:59 pm
Would you want a cookie recipe? These are awesome. I use chocolate sandwich cookies and chocolate chips and they are like cookies and cream yum. http://overtimecook.com/2012/1.....kies/

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 11:17 pm
anotherima wrote:
ANYONE MAKE THIS? When I took it out of the bundt pan the choc chips stuck to the bottom. Am I doing it right?

Is your Bundt pan very intricate. A simple design probably releases more easily.

Is it nonstick?

Did you grease and flour well. With chocolate cakes I will use cocoa powder instead of flour so I don't have white on the top.

anotherima

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 6:41 am
Amarante wrote:
Is your Bundt pan very intricate. A simple design probably releases more easily.

Is it nonstick?

Did you grease and flour well. With chocolate cakes I will use cocoa powder instead of flour so I don't have white on the top.

It is non stick and not an intricate design. Maybe because I sprayed it with a baking spray with flour and not actually grease and flour. Oh well I'm sure it will taste good anyway without chocolate chips on top and I will have better luck next time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins