Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Halachos of Erev Tisha B'Av on Shabbos

Pineapple

Post Thu, Jul 26 2012, 8:20 am
Got this via email from dailyhalacha

1. Although one normally should not study Torah on erev Tisha B'Av after Chatzos (except for Torah portions permitted on Tisha B'Av itself) when erev Tisha B'Av falls on Shabbos one should fulfill his regular Shabbos Torah study,however,it is customary not to learn Pirkei Avos after Chatzos. Shulchan Aruch w/Mishnah Berurah 553:2

2. The usual Seudah Mafsekes is replaced with a regular Seudah Shlishis of Shabbos at which one may eat meat and drink wine and eat any foods one desires. One may eat the meal with the family at one table,however,one should not invite guests unless one regularly has guests for Seudah Shlishis. One may conclude the meal with a Zimun as always. One must be careful to conclude the meal before sunset/Sh'kiah. One should not say that one is eating to have strength for the fast,and one may not take a pill that makes it easier to fast,because one would be preparing on Shabbos for Sunday which is not permitted. One may sing zemiros. Shulchan Aruch w/Mishnah Berurah 552:10,Shmiras Shabbos Kehilchasa 28:77,Igros Moshe 4:112

3. If one completed the 3 rd seudah before sunset and said Birchas Hamazon one may eat and drink until sunset without making any t'nai (condition). Sha'ar Hatziyun 553:7

4. One may sit on a chair until nightfall/Tzei Hakochavim. Shmiras Shabbos Kehilchasa 62:88

5. No preparations for Tisha B'Av may be made on Shabbos. One may not bring Tisha B'Av shoes or Kinos to shul on Shabbos even if there is an eruv. Therefore,it is advisable that one should bring these items to shul before Shabbos. Shmiras Shabbos Kehilchasa 28:77

sky

Post Thu, Jul 26 2012, 8:39 am
I was told for the kalei tzom I can crush it into a food before shabbos and eat it like that. I think it sounds disgusting so I'm not sure what I"m going to do.

chani8

Post Thu, Jul 26 2012, 10:12 am
You're allowed to take the pills for an easy fast (you're just not supposed to declare it as for the next day).

You can also buy the liquid, which is even less of a problem to deal with for Shobbos. You just drink it.

Masking it so that no one sees you taking medicine is a chumra.

Fast Easy is not medication, it is a vitamin. The fact that it is a vitamin, makes it even less of a problem....look up "taking vitamins" in Hilchos Shabbos.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 6:37 pm
Someone told me that you are supposed to take a shower for shabbos tomorrow before chatzos which is around one over here. Has anyone else ever heard of this?

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 7:09 pm
amother wrote:
Someone told me that you are supposed to take a shower for shabbos tomorrow before chatzos which is around one over here. Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Nope. But I need to go to mikva on sunday night and I need to take a bath to prepare. Yay! I get my erev shabbos bath. Smile

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 7:20 pm
amother wrote:

Have not heard that guess you should ask your lor

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 7:49 pm
amother wrote:
Have not heard that guess you should ask your lor

Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions