Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Finger Printing

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 1:50 pm
Who is supposed to pay for it ? The employer or the employee? I have worked for several schools and for the first time my new boss is making me pay for it.
I am tight on funds and $60 for nothing is making me really upset.
Especially because I got finger printed for the same school last year (which was paid for by the school) and it's just that now the resource room is under a separate organization so I am still working for the same place .
It seems to me like I shouldn't even have to do it in the first place but wondering if I am in the right to try and push them more to pay for it.

Stars

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 2:04 pm
My workplace paid every time.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 2:10 pm
I wonder if there are any laws about it?? I don't want to start up with a new boss but I don't think it's fair for them to be cheap at my expense.

Rachel Shira

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 3:00 pm
My work always pays.
I had to pay for my own TB test though.

nursemomma

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 4:10 pm
I had this issue last year. I had to be fingerprinted for two agencies (same workplace). They ended up agreeing to pay for one and I had no choice but to pay for the second. When I asked around, it seemed that most employers reimbursed the cost.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Aug 05 2016, 6:56 pm
My complaint is even more on the finger printing place than the school.. Why can't they issue the same exact report which was done in the last calendar year to the employer? It seems like these laws were made to just protect the companies and have no seichel.
They told me even if I wanted 2 reports on the same exact date I would have to pay twice!
And the pathetic part is that I am forced to use the company that the school chose so I can't even shop around if this is normal.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 7:25 am
Wow! Never was I asked this at any job shock
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics