Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Laundry during 9 days

amother
Navy

Post Sat, Aug 13 2016, 5:05 pm
This post is kind of late, but- does anyone really manage not to do laundry over the course of 9 days?? I have a few issues with this:
*Small apartment= no room for overflow.
*Any overflow=me going beserk bcs I cant cope with mess and reduced space for living, plus me suffering mentally from sensory/neurological issues.
*Dont have enough clothes to get me through 9 days without doing laundry (bcs im pregnant and have few maternity clothes). Who has the time/energy to prepare ahead of time by wearing all clothes once in order not wear freshly laundered clothes? Honestly, I just cant spend my limited mental and emotional energy on these things. It makes me resentful. Yes know we are in mourning and were suppossed to help ourselves feel it by making ourselves uncomfortable. So I guess im just not on a high enough madreiga. At the end of the day I have my limits. Thoughts?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Aug 14 2016, 12:37 pm
I would ask my rav, not imamother. Poskim may take into account other factors, such as a person's mental and financial state, that Rabbi Imamother is not qualified to address. And I would do it before the Nine Days, not erev Tisha b'Av. In fact, I would do it this week and write down the answer on a slip of paper that I put in my copy of Eicha, or, better yet, in a small notebook or file folder in which I keep info on all the chagim and fast days. From one year to the next it's hard to remember all the details and nuances of every law and custom, so you should have a permanent place to keep answers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note