Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
DD, 13yo, doesn't want to fast.
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 9:37 pm
amother wrote:

Eta in response to a comment above many people hold that eating in shiurim is not relevant for 9 Av, only YK, so I wouldn't go there because it seems very nitpicky.

I'm curious if this approach helps people get used to fasting, though. You're eating, but very minimally, and IME you don't feel great doing it.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 9:47 pm
amother wrote:
I'm curious if this approach helps people get used to fasting, though. You're eating, but very minimally, and IME you don't feel great doing it.

In my experience eating in shiurim is even harder than fasting. because I was pregnant at the time I *had* to have a taste every 9 minutes. (that was the psak). I was aware of every 9 minutes of the that day. It did very little to help me.

Really it's her problem. And if you back off now completely but then explain in 8 weeks how much more important Yom Kippur is really I think that would be the best way to go. Better to eat on 9 Av and fast on yk than to fast 9 Av , get really annoyed about it, add not do yk.

And you can't "make up" a shhhitta of doing shiurim so that you get used to fasting. Halacha does not work like that

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 2:24 pm
How did it go?

debsey

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 2:27 pm
amother wrote:
How did it go?

I've been wondering too.......
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children