Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Need a designer for my new home.....
1  2  Next

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 11:15 am
I'm looking for designer to help me with my new house, I have no clue where to start looking, I really want someone that is practical, has beautiful taste and willing to consider mine as well. I also dont want to overpay.
I live in boro park..

Please share your experience
TIA!

greenfire

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 11:33 am
I know an interior decorator aka designer pm me for information

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 11:54 am
My neighbor does an amazing job. She does these things a lot. Pm me for her number if you want.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 12:02 pm
Devory Friedman. I never used her but heard from others who liked her.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 1:01 pm
do you have instagram?
Check there, there are so many designers on there, and you can see work that they've done.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 1:35 pm
anyone ever heard of faigy gestetner?

pgk

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 2:06 pm
Check out decolitchdesigns on insta pleasure to work with

queenert

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 2:09 pm
I know one. Super talented.
She's in Monsey but would probably travel.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jul 26 2016, 2:29 pm
amother wrote:
do you have instagram?
Check there, there are so many designers on there, and you can see work that they've done.

How do I search over there?
Do I need a name?

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 10:39 am
soo I have done alot of research and basically heard same few names over and over, just wondering if any of you heard or used them so I can get some reference. I really heard nice things on all of them, so its hard to decide. I was told that a designer is like a shidduch (not exactly) but you really need to click...
Here are the few names I have heard:
Miriam lichtenstein
Miriam Scharf
Faigy Gestetner
Idy Grunhut

I heard many more, but I'm only doing a condo and many designers only want to do a full house.
TIA!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 10:44 am
My sister was very happy with Faigy Gestetner & my neighbor was very happy with Idy Grunhut.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 12:02 pm
Please be very careful before you take someone on. I just finished renovating my whole house in BP and I will not disclose a name, because I don't feel right about doing that on a public forum. But I will tell you that I did alot of research and everyone who I spoke to raved about XYZ.( one of the people listed above)...I used her and she made one mistake after another. In fact, after I dropped her, some of the vendors I was dealing with, decisions she helped me make, asked me what inexperienced designer led you to make such wrong decisions.

Found out later, that a few other people also dropped her in middle of dealing with her, and took on somebody LICENSED.

And yes it's like a shidduch....you really have to enjoy working with this person. Most of them will only try to persuade you to do something they like....Good luck!!!

goldenmommy

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 12:23 pm
amother wrote:
Please be very careful before you take someone on. I just finished renovating my whole house in BP and I will not disclose a name, because I don't feel right about doing that on a public forum. But I will tell you that I did alot of research and everyone who I spoke to raved about XYZ.( one of the people listed above)...I used her and she made one mistake after another. In fact, after I dropped her, some of the vendors I was dealing with, decisions she helped me make, asked me what inexperienced designer led you to make such wrong decisions.

Found out later, that a few other people also dropped her in middle of dealing with her, and took on somebody LICENSED.

And yes it's like a shidduch....you really have to enjoy working with this person. Most of them will only try to persuade you to do something they like....Good luck!!!

to the Amother that wrote the above:
Can I talk to you in privately? I really dont want to fall in with a designer, I appreciate your sensitivity in not wanting to post on a public forum, but this is really important for me to know, being that I am seriously considering all of them.

cnc

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 12:31 pm
I know quite a few people that have used Aidy Grunhut and their houses came out beautiful.
She may not be taking new clients though.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 1:31 pm
Branci schwartz is fantastic. Years of experience. She knows what she's talking about.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 9:03 pm
Miriam Scharf fantastic to work with stunning - Miriamsdecor@gmail.com

amother
Red

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 9:08 pm
amother wrote:
Branci schwartz is fantastic. Years of experience. She knows what she's talking about.

Isn't she only a kitchen designer?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 10:35 pm
I used her for kitchen layout and she helped me with layout of other parts of the house too. She was fantastic . Didn't really use her for decorating though.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Aug 08 2016, 11:18 pm
I used Branci Schwartz for a complete gut job, and was very happy.
It is very much like a shiduch.
She's good and extremely quick. If you are an undecided type, you may not click.
Every little thing came out extra beautiful and coordinated. Kitchen, bathrooms , walls and doors...
She has great (expensive) taste!!!

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:57 am
anyone has any experience with Miriam Lichtenstein?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics