Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Expressing a letter to Israel

N'sMom

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 1:10 pm
What is fastest and cheapest? I found put postal express mail is $60 and takes a week. Is there anything better and faster and less $$?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 1:20 pm
You're in NY. Advertise for someone who is traveling to Israel, and ask them if they will deliver the letter for you. Most people will do it for free, if the person in Israel is willing to pick up from the carrier.

The Israeli postal service is notoriously Third World, and completely unpredictable. Even with a tracking number, there are no guarantees.

N'sMom

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 1:46 pm
I know but I am stuck between a rock and a hard place because this needs to have gotten there like last week and finding someone takes time.

sourstix

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 1:50 pm
I had the same problem. My only solution was to find someone going. It sounds super crazy but it a reality. I also knew that it might get lost bec of notorious bad mailing to Israel.

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 2:00 pm
If we're talking about a letter, versus a package, why not fax or email? It's the fastest and cheapest way to get a letter delivered. If the recipient doesn't have a fax or email, they just need to find someone who does.

N'sMom

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 2:02 pm
it is a letter with a check.

Marion

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 2:05 pm
EMS. It's Postal Service courier. Should arrive within 3 business days.

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 2:06 pm
Well, the check is a different story. I second finding someone coming to Israel and sending it with them. My sister-in-law in Flatbush always seems to find people on a regular basis to bring things here, even on short notice.
You could also try a wire transfer for the money. It can be difficult to find money changers who exchange checks. It used to be easy, but ever since that government shut down a few years ago, most money changers stopped taking checks. Maybe it's gotten easier again. I don't change money so often.

water_bear88

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 2:23 pm
We got something delivered by UPS a month or two ago- I was shocked when it arrived 4 or 5 days after it was sent. (We usually get things through the regular postal service.)

sprayonlove

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 2:31 pm
Are you talking about a regular white letter envelope? My grandmother and mother have sent me several letters over the past few years I've been here without any problems.

N'sMom

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 2:33 pm
It is a regular letter. I send them to my nephew (who is whom this is going to) quite regularly along with manilla envelopes. They all arrive fine in times ranging from a little under a week to a little over 2. But this time I need it there FAST.

grace413

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 4:49 pm
Fedex.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics