Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
LEAKS THROUGH DIAPER EVERY NIGHT...
Previous  1  2

justmarried:)

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 1:27 am
You need a good company diapers and change your baby's diaper before you go to sleep.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 6:05 am
Your baby may go up a size before you expect it. My DD went up to size 4 at 4 or 5 months.
Now at 8 months I'm thinking of going up again. But then we'll likely stay for the next 2 years.

Yes it's normal to count diapers and price by unit. It's calves budgeting and getting the most bang for your buck.
Don't you ever denigrate someone for counting pennies. Some need to and are embarrassed, some do t for the sport of it, and some just do it.
You should try it, and buying off brands, look at your balance at the end of the month and enjoy!

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 7:16 am
Thank you lymnok for saying what needed to be said Smile whichever poster posted about whether ppl really count pennies when it comes to diapers, just be glad that apparently you don't have to. Btw, we are not penny pinching, diapers are expensive and we just stam can't afford much. I'm sure we are not the only ones in this boat. Now that I've justified myself to someone who completely did not not need an explanation, thanks to all for your ideas. I don't, mind trying to go up one size just for the night,, that sounds like a smart idea. To the poster who posted about the underpads, as far as I can tell, that would only work for leaking into the crib. That's not the issue, it just gets her onesie very wet, I don't know that that would help. Unless you're thinking of some way that I'm not? Would you be able to explain? Thanks!!

lucky14

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 8:26 am
So it seems like a lot of people here are recommending pampers swaddlers. I use those and they work well with my baby too. Like I mentioned in another post I went up in size recently when my baby was leaking (even though he's way bellow the weight listed on the box).

I don't know where you live btw, but Target has every week a different deal with a gift card back with diaper purchase, it's usually Target brand, Pampers, Huggies, and maybe Luvs. Each week the deal is different. This week it's if you spend $100 on diaper and/or wipes and/or formula purchase then you get a $25 Target gift card back. I usually wait until it's buy two of the $25 diaper boxes and you get a $10 gift card back. You can often print coupons for pampers or huggies diapers on coupons.com or in your local newspaper.

dinatov

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 10:44 am
Thanks for the overnight pamper idea! Didn't even know it exists (I know, I know, first time mom...) Just wanted to add that I tried EVERY BRAND Huggies, both types, Pampers cruisers and swaddlers, Luvs... The one that leaks the LEAST (and I'm not saying it doesn't) is Kirkland. The only thing that really worked for me is limiting how much my son drinks at night. If he wakes up I'll give him just enough for him to comfortably fall back asleep.

kollel wife

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 2:41 pm
Another idea - there is such a thing as a diaper liners, which look like a sanitary pad and go inside the diaper (so if the bigger size or better company doesn't help enough) then try that as well. It's definitely cheaper than a 2nd diaper - I think it may only come in one size, which might be too big for a young baby.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 4:48 pm
I have had this and discovered that Target pampers (their own brand) which I believe is called UP & UP now, solved that problem. I have numerous friends that came back to me thanking me that they couldn't believe the Target brand diapers which are cheaper dont leak like Huggies and LUVS etc. I would recommend you give them a try. My last baby was six years ago, so who know if the quality has since changed but they were definitely fantastic then.

rachaelle

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 5:47 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I have had this and discovered that Target pampers (their own brand) which I believe is called UP & UP now, solved that problem. I have numerous friends that came back to me thanking me that they couldn't believe the Target brand diapers which are cheaper dont leak like Huggies and LUVS etc. I would recommend you give them a try. My last baby was six years ago, so who know if the quality has since changed but they were definitely fantastic then.

Tried up and up diapers a few months ago- they really are very poor quality and my son always leaked out of them. Many Reviews for these diapers on target.com say how it's too bad that the quality deteriorated over the years...

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 10:14 pm
I don't want to scare you but that is the only symptom I had with my daughter.
It was unusual because she was soaked from head to toe no matter how much liquid I gave
her.
I tried EVERY brand diapers because the doctor told me it was the diapers.
She was not my first child and I knew she was peeing way too much, so I kept
nudging the doctor. After 3 times at the doctor, they checked her urine and
immediately sent me to the hospital. She was in the PICU for 5 days- She
is a diabetic- we don't have it in our family, and for a kid so young
it is rare, but because thank G-D I was persistant and the doctor finally
listened, she is B"H here today. She wouldn't have made it have I waited any
longer.
Don't feel stupid telling the doctor about your baby getting
soaked and ask him to do a urine test- don't take no for an answer.
I really hope this is not the case- but with my daughter, there was noo syptom
besides the night soaks from head to toe. During the day she was fine
because I changed her diaper more often.
Good Luck and everything should be ok IM"H
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics