Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How do you toilet train your toddlers?

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 11:26 am
Full time working mommies : how to deal?

mha3484

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 11:34 am
I did it when I was in between jobs but I found that because DS was really ready it was a 3 day process for the most part. So next time around either I would take a Friday off and go through the weekend or wait until I have a legal holiday. Does your child go to day care or have a nanny? They should help you at this stage with taking him to the bathroom at regular intervals. They will be just as happy as you to be diaper free!

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 8:01 am
Bump

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 10:28 am
At some point, they end up in a playgroup / day care / school where the rest of the group is going through the toilet training phase and they join in. I have found the morahs to be incredibly supportive and positive.

ETA: I have (B"H!) never been in the position of having to toilet train a child before they can join a class/group.

NovelConcept

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 10:34 am
My first daughter I tried to train at 19 months, and though she really wanted to master potty training, she just physically wasn't able to have the right amount of control over when and where to "make."

I gave up, and tried again a few months later. Also a fail. Finally, at two and a half, she turned to me one day and said she wanted to use the potty. She sat down, made, and never looked back. No accidents k"ah.

Did the same with my son. Tried once when he was two, and didn't go, so waited until he was two and a half, and he was trained in one day.

I believe that until that age, kids just aren't ready.

sky

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 10:37 am
I've done Shabbos - Sunday with most of my kids. If a kid is really ready than 1 day should be enough even and than another to be sure. If takes longer most likely the kid is just not ready and it will be better for everyone to wait a few months.

Babysitter or Morah must be on board with reminding kids, but that is expected at the toilet training age.
I liked the book Toilet Training in a day for ideas (although he says to start very young)

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 11:13 am
If the kid is 100% ready than It shoukd be no more than a 1 day process. That said my ds was only ready at almost 4 and dd at age 3. But it was fast. 1 day and no accidents bh. And they both night trained on their own shortly afterwards.

mha3484

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 11:44 am
If you have boy the best thing you can do is teach him to go standing up from the beginning. Get a step stool and lots of clorox wipes. DH actually taught DS to do it when I was out one day and it made every trip to a public place much much easier. I also recommend for little boys an over the toilet seat that has a high guard on the front. It prevents them from peeing everywhere when they sit. Ours was a thick gray rubber seat that went on top of the regular toilet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics