Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Mechatunim visiting

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 8:31 pm
They are coming to visit Friday noontime, Any ideas what I can serve? Nice, simple to prepare? (Its a first for me...)
Going amother cuz I'm asking irl too...

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 8:50 pm
Are they coming for planned lunch or just visiting?
If they're not coming for lunch specifically, how about fresh potato kugel, filling salad, cut up fruit?

SingALong

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 10:08 pm
Cake, fruit and salad. Drinks. Coffee. If their coming for lunch you can do a pasta dish as well. Or tuna wraps.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 6:50 pm
What sort of people go visiting on a friday? It should be understood that on Friday people are in the process of making Shabbes and not in a position to entertain. Unless you mean they're coming for Shabbes and arriving noontime, which is a whole different scenario. BTW do you mean your machatonim or your inlaws? Machatonim are your children's inlaws. I can't imagine that a woman who's been running a household long enough to have machatonim would have to ask this question.

cnc

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 7:02 pm
amother wrote:
What sort of people go visiting on a friday? It should be understood that on Friday people are in the process of making Shabbes and not in a position to entertain. Unless you mean they're coming for Shabbes and arriving noontime, which is a whole different scenario. BTW do you mean your machatonim or your inlaws? Machatonim are your children's inlaws. I can't imagine that a woman who's been running a household long enough to have machatonim would have to ask this question.

It's the first time she has machatonim and her question is perfectly appropriate.

I vote for ramom's menu.

oliveoil

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 8:27 pm
Is it the first meeting?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics