Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Rosh Hashona without DH

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 12:09 pm
My dh goes to Israel every RH and it's hard staying home with the kids and even harder moving into my parents house. deos anyone have any ideas or a place I can go with other ladies for RH?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 12:27 pm
I don't have experience but I think your question is open-ended enough that even people with experience will have a hard time answering.
If your husband is part of a chassidus that does this, you probably have a built-in support system of neighborhood and family. Can you tell us more?
And as the first to reply, let me also be the first to tell everyone, if OP's husband is going for pure reasons, has a kesher to people he spends time with and is infused with kedusha for the year, let's not be discouraging of this.
Hatzlacha!

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 1:13 pm
Yes my dh goes to our rebbe and his friends also go so I do have ladies from our shull who are in the same situation like I am. Actually last year we went to the Raleigh Hotel in South Fallsburg but it didn't work out so well they didn't have a full chassidishe crowd. They are thinking of arranging something this year but so far they don't have enough people to be open then.
So I'm wondering if anyone else is in this situation that would know of a good place to go to that provides heimishe yom tov meals and a nice big spacious place for the kids to run around?!?...

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 1:16 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I don't have experience but I think your question is open-ended enough that even people with experience will have a hard time answering.
If your husband is part of a chassidus that does this, you probably have a built-in support system of neighborhood and family. Can you tell us more?
And as the first to reply, let me also be the first to tell everyone, if OP's husband is going for pure reasons, has a kesher to people he spends time with and is infused with kedusha for the year, let's not be discouraging of this.
Hatzlacha!

Thanks for your reply appreciate your encouragement!

Carmen Luna

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 3:04 pm
What I do is, my sisters and I just move in together to our mothers house and spend yomtov together

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 4:40 pm
Carmen Luna wrote:
What I do is, my sisters and I just move in together to our mothers house and spend yomtov together

My mother can't handle when kids get very hectic and wild.
Raleigh just called back that they are not opening again this year so now I'm really stuck Sad Crying

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 5:13 pm
I'll start off by apologizing if I come across as discouraging. I don't want to discourage anyone as truly everyone has a right and is right. I'm just talking from personal experience so don't take it in the wrong light please.
I grew up with my father away for R"H and mostly Y"K too. When we were very young we spent y"t with grandparents so that was ok. But as we got a little older it wasn't an option and we had y"t alone with mom. The boys went to shul with no one to care for them or direct them. They literally hung from the shul chandeliers and Windows. I promised myself that when I get married I will make sure my kids have a father to show them what these holy days are all about. Here and there my dh speaks about his dream to go for R"H to his Rebbe. I understand him and don't say No. As long as it's a one off and not yearly.
It is a special feeling going to one's Rebbe or kivrei tzadikim on these days. If he will do it I will hope for the best.

MamaBear

Post Tue, Aug 02 2016, 9:42 pm
Invite another mom to stay by you with her kids, hire a babysitter to play with the kids and cater the food so you can just relax.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Aug 07 2016, 1:37 pm
Deos anyone know or heard of a rosh hashona getaway this year like from chabad???

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 8:08 pm
Bump

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 8:14 pm
amother wrote:
Deos anyone know or heard of a rosh hashona getaway this year like from chabad???

You say you weren't happy with Raleigh because the crowd wasn't fully Chassidish. I cant imagine that a Chabad getaway would be Chassidish.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 9:06 pm
True. But now I'm desperate cuz Raleigh is not doing it again so I tried Googling some places but they're made for people who want speeches with whole fancy expensive program....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur