Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
What could I have said?

STMommy

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 2:42 pm
I took my 3-year-old DD to a friend's 4-year-old birthday party. My DD was being very clingy and wasn't interested in joining in so it went without saying that I was going to stay with her at the party. There were a few other mothers there but there were also quite a few kids who had been dropped off. There was one little girl in particular who was asking me for help, practically non-stop, for entire duration of the party. When her mother came to pick her up I was wondering if I should let her know that her daughter is nowhere near independent enough to be left without a parent at a birthday party, but I didn't know any way to say it without coming across as rude (and I am by nature a very non-confrontational person). What would have been a kind, polite way to let this mom know her child is not ready for drop-offs?

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 2:48 pm
a polite way is to let the mom know matter-of-fact style - oh I helped your daughter to this that & the other thing

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 3:23 pm
Shouldn't the mother of the birthday girl have been on top of things? looking to see who needs help?

sourstix

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 3:28 pm
Greenie spot on

MamaBear

Post Sun, Aug 21 2016, 3:31 pm
I wouldn't say anything at all. Maybe the kid is normally more independent. Maybe the mother told the host that she had a conflict and to drop off her kid was the only way she could attend. You could have told the host that the little girl needs some extra help and you're too busy.

My kids is really mature for a three year old and we don't really get invited to parties much but if I dropped her off, I would still expect supervision and some help for her. That's normal. Not every host wants one adult per kid or it would be crowded.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers