Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Anyone successfully relocated out of NY?

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 6:17 pm
we live in a large NY city (suburb) & bh made it financially..nice house, nanny, vacations, camp etc
we always dream about moving somewhere oot..we are fed up with all the bs that goes on in NY. I'm talking about schools, lack of leaders that are real emesdik etc we would love to join an oot community where the people are real, friendly, frum, non judgemental etc. has anyone successfully uprooted their family & Is happier for it? I know there are issues/problems everywhere so don't want to go off chasing some dream life that doesn't exist. we have teeangers, school age & preschool aged kids. I also worry about moving oot only to move back for shidduchim/if all kids marry & end up back in ny. would also love recommendations of which city to look into from those of you that have done it.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 6:54 pm
of course, many people have done it.
Since you already are financially successful you probably have more options... You don't necessarily need to move to where real estate is cheapest.
You can also consider renting out your house in NY while you check out OOT, or even keeping an apartment vacant... one thing that we find difficult is always scrambling to find a place to stay whenever we go to NYC.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 6:57 pm
You have to find a community that you feel comfortable in- same hashkafos as you, shul for dh, schools for the kids, climate, dh business etc..... Know what you want then look into those states. There's Chicago, Texas, Miami, Baltimore, California.......

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 9:45 pm
I grew up in NY and then married an ooter. we have lived in several oot communities- just be aware- where ever you live there are issues- no place is perfect- its how you want to deal with those issues and what you can and can't ignore.

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 11:20 pm
Everywhere has issues of their own, and I think it's really tough to uproot your family. Why not be the instrument for change in your community instead?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating