Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Tablets for kids for traveling

bronco fan

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 11:12 am
I am looking for a kid friendly tablet that can be used well without wifi. We travel a lot and I need some entertainment for my kids.

Thanks.

Raisin

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 11:38 am
some apps can be used without wifi. I've heard good things about the kindle fire for kids, although I've never used it myself. Its also very inexpensive.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 11:46 am
I know from the Ipad, that once games are downloaded, you don't need wifi to play with it.

mha3484

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 11:48 am
I have the kindle fire for my son and I find most games require WiFi. I am not impressed since I would rather he not have access to the internet.

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 1:05 pm
Kindle fire. It's good and pretty cheap. None of the apps I've used need internet once it's downloaded.

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 1:11 pm
iPad doesn't require access to wifi for games and books once downloaded. You can even dismantle ability to connect to wifi if you want in the settings although most kids past a certain age would know how to switch back on.

You can probably get a good deal as people upgrade and pass on their iPads. My neighbor gave me his iPad for my father. When I upgraded, I gave my father my iPad.

The original one from my neighbor still works and I am saving it because maybe it will come in handy one day.

momomany

Post Mon, Aug 22 2016, 2:46 pm
Leappads are great for little kids, about till 12 years old I would think

bluebird

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 5:19 pm
On the Kindle Fire you need to download the games then open them. You also need to connect to wifi once a month or so and press the sync button because the license for apps needs to be refreshed. It's really annoying, but easy and as the adult you can do that. You can set parental controls so the kids can't get on wifi.

Don't get anything but an Android, Kindle Fire, or iPad. You simply won't have enough apps and games to keep the kids occupied. The basic Fire is $50.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics